FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Supernatural anyone?
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:02 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

We've still got the last two eps DVR'd but hopefully will have a chance to catch up soon. I thought it started out great and really look forward to next season.
Soonertoad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:10 pm  Reply with quote

Supernatural ended up being the show that The Night Stalker wanted to be. I just hope they continue with mostly one story per show and stay away from multi episode archs.
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:13 pm  Reply with quote

Soonertoad wrote:
Supernatural ended up being the show that The Night Stalker wanted to be. I just hope they continue with mostly one story per show and stay away from multi episode archs.

From what I understand ABC told the creator of the remake(I forget his name) not to put any monsters in the series. That right there is another example of TV executives making a bad decision. A Night Stalker without monsters Shocked , give me a break.
Freddy_K's_Daughter
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:27 am  Reply with quote

Soonertoad wrote:

The Night Stalker made me want to kill the tv guide for lying ((it said "the first five minutes of the first show are the scariest in tv history)) and the makers.

I fell asleep.
Didn't watch it again.
Didn't even register that it got yanked until my grandpa complained,then introduced him to supernatural.
We're hardcore fans.
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:00 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

Messiahman wrote:
I tried. I really tried. But Jensen Ackles is so smug and annoying that he makes me want to throw my television at random passers-by. And when the dorky duo continually managed to pass themselves off as federal agents and the like, the mechanism in my imagination that allowed for suspension of disbelief promptly exploded.

A lot of people harp on his smugness, but for me, it suits the character and the actor. Cockiness appeals to me when it's used in the right way, and I don't think they carry it too far. Especially considering the brother-to-brother dynamic of the show. But, yeah, the whole "we're federal agents, ma'am" thing got really old really fast. The average person would never fall for it. Hopefully the writers have heard enough complaints that they'll come up with something more believable next season.

Last edited by The Woman In Black on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
horrorqueen85
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:15 am  Reply with quote

I have to admit I felt the same about the series that it started off a bit slow but I really thought each episode got better and I really enjoy this show now...maybe it helped that I thought it was going to be bad but was pleasantly surprised unsure..
Freddy_K's_Daughter
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:38 am  Reply with quote

the episode with the kid in the lake made me afraid to go swimming in lakes...=/
horrorqueen85
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:11 pm  Reply with quote

The funny thing is that I thought the scarecrow one was going to be another lame scarecrow thing but I really enjoyed that one. They actually made a storyline that I could go along with
Demiurge
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:33 pm  Reply with quote

Overall not a bad show. It's got that "monster of the week" thing going for it that I really dug about The X-Files.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:57 pm  Reply with quote

Demiurge wrote:
Overall not a bad show. It's got that "monster of the week" thing going for it that I really dug about The X-Files.

The CW really has that routine.

Charmed, Smallville, and Supernatural all have that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:21 pm  Reply with quote

This is more intentional by Eric Kripke the creator of Supernatural, he wants to do each episode as a stand-alone instead of doing something like LOST where people have the see every episode in order. He also has lots of material when it comes to stories about monsters, urban legends, and ghosts/spirits to write scripts for the show.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:23 pm  Reply with quote

GODHOOD wrote:
This is more intentional by Eric Kripke the creator of Supernatural, he wants to do each episode as a stand-alone instead of doing something like LOST where people have the see every episode in order. He also has lots of material when it comes to stories about monsters, urban legends, and ghosts/spirits to write scripts for the show.

Makes sense to me.

That's also a perfect ploy for syndication. Many dramas don't repeat because these networks feel they don't have replay value, so selling these detached episodes will guarantee surefire syndication deals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:45 pm  Reply with quote

The Woman In Black wrote:
We've still got the last two eps DVR'd but hopefully will have a chance to catch up soon. I thought it started out great and really look forward to next season.

You're in for a treat. Let us know what you think once you've viewed them, WiB!
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:13 pm  Reply with quote

You're in for one shocker of a finale. I can tell you that.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:03 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:

You're in for one shocker of a finale. I can tell you that.

I second that. WOW. Shocked