FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Fango TV?
machetehead
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:29 pm  Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere (didn't see it) or if this is the right spot for it, but what about this Fangoria TV? Its sounds like it could be cool but at a price tag of 99.99 for a one year thing is it worth it? Whats the inside buzz here?
Limpfreak
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:10 am  Reply with quote

machetehead wrote:
Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere (didn't see it) or if this is the right spot for it, but what about this Fangoria TV? Its sounds like it could be cool but at a price tag of 99.99 for a one year thing is it worth it? Whats the inside buzz here?

From the 30 minute video i saw on the Fangoria website it looks worth it.

Personally if i had $99.99 and a credit card i would get the 1 year charter subscription to the channel.

http://www.fangoria.tv/

http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?member=Limpfreak&list=owned
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:17 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Sigh...

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
bschulte
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:06 pm  Reply with quote

Limpfreak wrote:
machetehead wrote:

Personally if i had $99.99 and a credit card i would get the 1 year charter subscription to the channel.

I'm not so sure. I hate to be skeptical, but what makes you want to drop a Benjamin on this based on the 30 minute video? That's quite a bit of cash for something almost literally sight unseen that is sure to have some growing pains along the way. How is the quality? Will customers face a lot of lag time unless they are on an extremely fast broadband connection?

And as I'm sure other people are wondering, are you connected to Fango in any way or otherwise a fanboy? That's a serious question and in no way am I trying to be a jerk. Very Happy
Limpfreak
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:17 pm  Reply with quote

bschulte wrote:
Limpfreak wrote:
machetehead wrote:

I'm not so sure. I hate to be skeptical, but what makes you want to drop a Benjamin on this based on the 30 minute video? That's quite a bit of cash for something almost literally sight unseen that is sure to have some growing pains along the way. How is the quality? Will customers face a lot of lag time unless they are on an extremely fast broadband connection?

And as I'm sure other people are wondering, are you connected to Fango in any way or otherwise a fanboy? That's a serious question and in no way am I trying to be a jerk. Very Happy

Since i got no cedit card i won't be dropping $99.99 on the subscription but i'll just watch the free programing.

The video i saw and the small clips of future things they will be showing made me want to drop $100 for the service thats if i had a credit card. Who would not want to see shows on conventions and see what goes on at conventions that you can't make it to? Who would not love to see interviews with your favorite actors and director's?

I'm in no way connected to Fangoria. I used post on there a long time ago until Uncle Creepy and a bunch of others left. After they left little by little i stopped posting there because things started going down the drains. Once in a while i go by there to check on info but thats all. I guess you can say i'm a fanboy in a way. I just want a horror channel on untill Comcast which is my local cable company gets a horror channel on the air.

http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?member=Limpfreak&list=owned
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bschulte
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:24 pm  Reply with quote

Limpfreak wrote:
Since i got no cedit card i won't be dropping $99.99 on the subscription but i'll just watch the free programing.

The video i saw and the small clips of future things they will be showing made me want to drop $100 for the service thats if i had a credit card. Who would not want to see shows on conventions and see what goes on at conventions that you can't make it to? Who would not love to see interviews with your favorite actors and director's?

I'm in no way connected to Fangoria. I used post on there a long time ago until Uncle Creepy and a bunch of others left. After they left little by little i stopped posting there because things started going down the drains. Once in a while i go by there to check on info but thats all. I guess you can say i'm a fanboy in a way. I just want a horror channel on untill Comcast which is my local cable company gets a horror channel on the air.

Limpfreak,

Fair enough. I do see that they are offering a monthly subscription for $10. Something like that wouldn't be bad after a few months (i.e. after the initial bugs are worked out) to take a look at. I don't think I would initially drop $100 only to find out it isn't all it's cracked up to be. Don't get me wrong. I visit the Fango forum from time to time and I don't have anyting against Fango. But I'm always skeptical when it comes to new stuff promising great things...
machetehead
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:13 am  Reply with quote

Thats pretty much my line of reasoning as well. I look at FangoTV and wonder what are you really getting with it at a 100 bucks whereas with something like WWE 24/7 they offer a whole buttload of stuff for only $40.
I would love to see interviews and convention footage, but do I wanna see it enough to spent a hunnerd smacker-roos....I dunno. Show me a lil' sumtin more to convince me...
Bone Daddy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:39 pm  Reply with quote

Not for a C-note. So solly, sounds like a folly.

thedudeabides
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:14 pm  Reply with quote
Violent Misanthrope

I've never clamored for a horror TV channel at all.

Even when the THC stuff was going on, I was never bothered by the non launch.

Honestly, I'll watch my DVDs.

(but then again, take this with a grain of salt from me...we don't have TV at all...no cable, no basic channels...just DVDs... Laughing)