FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Official Watch Thread: 9-22-06 "Gojira"
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:10 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
The name Gojira is a combination of the Japanese words for gorilla (gorira) and whale (kujira). It was originally a nickname given to an immense man who worked as a press agent for Toho.
Where did 'Godzilla' come from? Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:11 am  Reply with quote

~IC wrote:
I've never seen this?
You've never seen Godzilla? Or just this version?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:11 am  Reply with quote

Tomoyuki Tanaka got the idea for the film while returning from Indonesia. He was looking down at the water and began imagining what was really below the surface.
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:12 am  Reply with quote

If haven't picked up Gojira definetly do so if you are a Godzilla fan. It's worth it for the making of the suit and conceptual process featurette.
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:15 am  Reply with quote

The upcoming Godzilla Raids Again and [i]Mothra vs. Godzilla[i] will also have two versions of each respective film. The original Japanese version and the American cut. They come out November 7th.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:15 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
Tomoyuki Tanaka got the idea for the film while returning from Indonesia. He was looking down at the water and began imagining what was really below the surface.
Deep sea scares me.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:16 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

Just wanted to say ellos ... I don't have the dvd.
Gory

American Werewolf wrote:
The upcoming Godzilla Raids Again and [i]Mothra vs. Godzilla[i] will also have two versions of each respective film. The original Japanese version and the American cut. They come out November 7th.
Wasn't there going to be a box set of most of the older films with both the Japanese and US versions?
Gory

Lunablix wrote:
Luna!!!! Hooray!
American Werewolf

One of the most famous legends regarding the production of this film has Ishirô Honda and Eiji Tsuburaya on the observation deck of what was then one of Tokyo's skyscrapers. They were planning Godzilla's path of destruction. Other visitors on the deck became concerned when portions of their conversation were overheard. The pair was stopped by authorities and questioned.
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:19 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
Wasn't there going to be a box set of most of the older films with both the Japanese and US versions?

That's what I heard and I asked in the Digital Video Doom forum. Unless there is something extra exclusive to the boxed set I think I would be cool just buying them individually. Just as long as they make their way to me.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:19 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Luna!!!! Hooray!

Mr. Green How are ya Gory? And everyone else as well.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:20 am  Reply with quote

The minatures, though obvious by tioday's standards, were extremely effective. Especially from having them shot in a night setting.
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:20 am  Reply with quote

Hiya Luna! Hi
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:21 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:

That's what I heard and I asked in the Digital Video Doom forum. Unless there is something extra exclusive to the boxed set I think I would be cool just buying them individually. Just as long as they make their way to me.
You'll have to buy the box set because ... well ... just because.