FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Message
Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Official Watch Thread: 9-22-06 "Gojira"
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:10 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
The name Gojira is a combination of the Japanese words for gorilla (gorira) and whale (kujira). It was originally a nickname given to an immense man who worked as a press agent for Toho.
Where did 'Godzilla' come from? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:11 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

~IC wrote:
I've never seen this?
You've never seen Godzilla? Or just this version?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:11 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

Tomoyuki Tanaka got the idea for the film while returning from Indonesia. He was looking down at the water and began imagining what was really below the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:12 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

If haven't picked up Gojira definetly do so if you are a Godzilla fan. It's worth it for the making of the suit and conceptual process featurette.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:15 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

The upcoming Godzilla Raids Again and [i]Mothra vs. Godzilla[i] will also have two versions of each respective film. The original Japanese version and the American cut. They come out November 7th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:15 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
Tomoyuki Tanaka got the idea for the film while returning from Indonesia. He was looking down at the water and began imagining what was really below the surface.
Deep sea scares me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:16 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4846
Location: The Bronx, NYC

Just wanted to say ellos ... I don't have the dvd.
_________________
Threw you the obvious. And you flew with it on your back. A name in your recollection. Down among a million, say: Difficult enough to feel a little bit. Disappointed, passed over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:16 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
The upcoming Godzilla Raids Again and [i]Mothra vs. Godzilla[i] will also have two versions of each respective film. The original Japanese version and the American cut. They come out November 7th.
Wasn't there going to be a box set of most of the older films with both the Japanese and US versions?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:16 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

Lunablix wrote:
Just wanted to say ellos ... I don't have the dvd.
Luna!!!! Hooray!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:16 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

One of the most famous legends regarding the production of this film has Ishirô Honda and Eiji Tsuburaya on the observation deck of what was then one of Tokyo's skyscrapers. They were planning Godzilla's path of destruction. Other visitors on the deck became concerned when portions of their conversation were overheard. The pair was stopped by authorities and questioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:19 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
The upcoming Godzilla Raids Again and [i]Mothra vs. Godzilla[i] will also have two versions of each respective film. The original Japanese version and the American cut. They come out November 7th.
Wasn't there going to be a box set of most of the older films with both the Japanese and US versions?

That's what I heard and I asked in the Digital Video Doom forum. Unless there is something extra exclusive to the boxed set I think I would be cool just buying them individually. Just as long as they make their way to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:19 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4846
Location: The Bronx, NYC

Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Just wanted to say ellos ... I don't have the dvd.
Luna!!!! Hooray!


Mr. Green How are ya Gory? And everyone else as well.
_________________
Threw you the obvious. And you flew with it on your back. A name in your recollection. Down among a million, say: Difficult enough to feel a little bit. Disappointed, passed over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:20 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

The minatures, though obvious by tioday's standards, were extremely effective. Especially from having them shot in a night setting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:20 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

Hiya Luna! Hi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:21 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
The upcoming Godzilla Raids Again and [i]Mothra vs. Godzilla[i] will also have two versions of each respective film. The original Japanese version and the American cut. They come out November 7th.
Wasn't there going to be a box set of most of the older films with both the Japanese and US versions?

That's what I heard and I asked in the Digital Video Doom forum. Unless there is something extra exclusive to the boxed set I think I would be cool just buying them individually. Just as long as they make their way to me.
You'll have to buy the box set because ... well ... just because.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 4 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Dread Central Cinema

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum