FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Message
Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Official Watch Thread: 9-22-06 "Gojira"
~IC
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:03 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Just dropping in to say hi to everyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:03 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
10 minutes to go!
HOLY S**T!

5 minutes!
HOLY S**T!

2 minutes!
HOLY S**T!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:03 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

60 seconds get ready!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:04 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

~IC wrote:
Just dropping in to say hi to everyone.
IC!!!! Rock!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:04 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
60 seconds get ready!
HOLY S**T!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:04 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

HIT PLAY NOW!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:05 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1062
Location: Floridindiana

Gory wrote:
PowerLeech wrote:
Gory wrote:
PowerLeech wrote:
Gory wrote:
PowerLeech wrote:
Gory wrote:
PowerLeech wrote:
I just finished watching Imprint, that was an experience.
I don't know that one. What is it?


Miike's Masters of Horror contribution. I'm still somewhat of a newcomer to some of those extreme-shock asian horror movies, but this made me almost queasy, heh.
I thought that didn't come out until next week? I can't wait to see it. Mr. Green


The only advantage to working at a video store... thank god I've only got 2 more weeks of it.
What are you doing after the video store?


Going back to school, this time I'm starting at Full Sail (I went to Purdue a few years ago.) I'm going to be like Van Wilder and spend about 8 years in college. Unintentionally though, I swear.
So you really just want to meet girls. Thumbs Up


That's a bonus. Purdue wasn't the place to meet girls, trust me there. The ratio was about 4 to 1 in the classes I had at least.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Godzilla Godzilla Godzilla. This and Godzilla 1985 are my favorites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:05 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
HIT PLAY NOW!
HOLY S**T!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:05 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

And we are off! I agree!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:06 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

The sound department tried numerous animal roars for Godzilla but felt they were unsuitable for an animal of such immense size. Akira Ifukube came up with Godzilla's roars by rubbing a coarse, resin-coated leather glove up and down the strings of a contrabass (double bass), and reverberated the recorded sound. Also, Godzilla's thunderous footsteps were made by beating a kettle drum with a knotted rope.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:06 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

PowerLeech wrote:

That's a bonus. Purdue wasn't the place to meet girls, trust me there. The ratio was about 4 to 1 in the classes I had at least.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Godzilla Godzilla Godzilla. This and Godzilla 1985 are my favorites.
I hope the ratio is the same only the other way. Hey hey hey!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:07 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
The sound department tried numerous animal roars for Godzilla but felt they were unsuitable for an animal of such immense size. Akira Ifukube came up with Godzilla's roars by rubbing a coarse, resin-coated leather glove up and down the strings of a contrabass (double bass), and reverberated the recorded sound. Also, Godzilla's thunderous footsteps were made by beating a kettle drum with a knotted rope.
That's so cool. I didn't know that. I have always loved that roar. Mr. Green
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:08 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

The name Gojira is a combination of the Japanese words for gorilla (gorira) and whale (kujira). It was originally a nickname given to an immense man who worked as a press agent for Toho.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
~IC
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:08 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

I've never seen this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:09 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
The sound department tried numerous animal roars for Godzilla but felt they were unsuitable for an animal of such immense size. Akira Ifukube came up with Godzilla's roars by rubbing a coarse, resin-coated leather glove up and down the strings of a contrabass (double bass), and reverberated the recorded sound. Also, Godzilla's thunderous footsteps were made by beating a kettle drum with a knotted rope.
That's so cool. I didn't know that. I have always loved that roar. Mr. Green

I agree! The big G's roar always got me pumped as a kid when it was time for the big show down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Dread Central Cinema

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum