FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Message
Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Official Watch Thread: 9-22-06 "Gojira"
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:16 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

In 2004, for his 50th anniversary, Godzilla was given a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:16 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
The building whose clock tower Godzilla tears off is the Wako department store. It was completed in 1932 in the Ginza district and still stands today, clock tower intact.
Save the clock tower!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:17 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
In 2004, for his 50th anniversary, Godzilla was given a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.
I remember that! Mr. Green
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:19 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
The building whose clock tower Godzilla tears off is the Wako department store. It was completed in 1932 in the Ginza district and still stands today, clock tower intact.
Save the clock tower!
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:21 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

The Oxygen Destroyer plays a huge part in Godzilla vs. Destroyah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:22 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

The workload on the special effects department for this film, as well as the other productions underway at Toho, resulted in a shortage of necessary personnel. Special effects director Eiji Tsuburaya was able to get his son, Hajime Tsuburaya, his first job in the industry as a camera assistant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:23 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

Serizowned! Sorry I had to...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:24 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
The Oxygen Destroyer plays a huge part in Godzilla vs. Destroyah.
I don't remember that one. For some reason the one I remember the most is Godzilla Versus Mechagodzilla.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:25 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
Serizowned! Sorry I had to...
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:27 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

The song the girls sing is very haunting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:31 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

It's itneresting how everything is very somber. Even Godzilla's death isn't a big hurrah moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:33 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
The Oxygen Destroyer plays a huge part in Godzilla vs. Destroyah.
I don't remember that one. For some reason the one I remember the most is Godzilla Versus Mechagodzilla.
Have you checked out any of the Millenium series? It starts with GOdzilla 2000 and ends with Final Wars. Two of the movie have Godzilla vs Mecha Godzilla.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:34 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

American Werewolf wrote:
Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
The Oxygen Destroyer plays a huge part in Godzilla vs. Destroyah.
I don't remember that one. For some reason the one I remember the most is Godzilla Versus Mechagodzilla.
Have you checked out any of the Millenium series? It starts with GOdzilla 2000 and ends with Final Wars. Two of the movie have Godzilla vs Mecha Godzilla.
I haven't seen any of the newer ones. I take that back, I've seen one of them. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:36 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

Gory wrote:
It's itneresting how everything is very somber. Even Godzilla's death isn't a big hurrah moment.
Yes it is. Serizawa is a creator of an incredibly powerful weapon looking to take the secret to his grave and Godzilla is a weopon of mass destruction but also a victim of what made him what he has become.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:40 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

And Godzilla is gone. Never to be seen or heard from again ... sort of.

I remember not liking this one as a kid because I had seen the later ones where he's the hero. I didn't like seeing Godzilla as the bad guy. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 9 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Dread Central Cinema

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum