FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Horror in October
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:25 pm  Reply with quote

I was looking through AMC's upcoming schedule this October, and the movies it's showing for its yearly halloweenathon seems to have improved quite a bit this year. Either I'm blind, or they're only playing Halloween 5 twice the entire month this time around! http://www.amctv.com/guide/0,,20-9-2006-M--N-EST,00.html

Anyway, my original reason for checking their site was to see if there was any new halloween programs this year (such as Bravo's scariest moments a few years ago, that one Bruce Campbell hosted, the various others where they interviewed directors.) I couldn't find anything on Bravo's site. Has anyone heard anything yet on any new halloween programs this year?

edit: Also, is DC going to be listing the horror movies this year like it did for the past few halloweens at the other site? I'd do what I could to help with that if need be.

Last edited by PowerLeech on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:13 pm  Reply with quote

Ugh. The same old shit repeated once again edited, cut, and filled with commercials.

At least TCM's line up is original.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zuni
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:19 pm  Reply with quote

The list is way better this year. Glad to see that they're not boring us to death with "Scream" a hundred times this year.
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:37 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

Keep your eyes open, folks. We're working on a "Dread Central Recommends" list from all the writers for your Halloween viewing pleasure!
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:35 am  Reply with quote

The Woman In Black wrote:
Keep your eyes open, folks. We're working on a "Dread Central Recommends" list from all the writers for your Halloween viewing pleasure!

Awesome, I can't wait for this.

There's some stinkers in this years AMC list, but I'm quite pleased with the majority of it at least (maybe I didn't watch AMC enough last year, because it seems like they've added a ton of new ones this year.) There's quite a few older ones that I haven't even seen yet that I've been wanting to for the longest time. I realize the commercials and cuts are annoying, but it makes the movies feel more epic to me for some reason, I'm really weird like that.
MichaelMyersBrother
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:51 am  Reply with quote

Halloween 4 and Halloween 5 are only being played a combined 9 times, which is about 1/20 the amount of times they played last year, so that's good. Pretty good schedule this year though. I must say, I'm impressed.

"Mass hysteria? What do they think, we're imagining all this?!" - Harry Cooper
PrairieGhost
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:59 am  Reply with quote

I loved watching TCM last year. I hope they have as good of an october line up as they did last year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:06 am  Reply with quote

http://www.dreadcentral.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=517 - DC's report on AMC's Halloween lineup. From what I saw, Scifi channels lineup wasn't very impressive, as usual.