FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Radio 666 -> The Misfits megathread...
horrorgirl
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:58 pm  Reply with quote

thedudeabides wrote:
I have a Misfits tattoo...the Crinson Ghost skull.

I have a purple one, as well as the skeleton from Legacy Of Brutality.
thedudeabides
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:46 pm  Reply with quote
Violent Misanthrope

horrorgirl wrote:
thedudeabides wrote:
I have a Misfits tattoo...the Crinson Ghost skull.

I have a purple one, as well as the skeleton from Legacy Of Brutality.

Nice!
satanick_redneck
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:21 pm  Reply with quote

horrorgirl wrote:
satanick_redneck wrote:
my favorite band! great to see a thread on them! even just seeing glenn and doyle this past october was to me what most call a 'religous experience'.

I wish I could have seen that. I wonder why Doyle and Jerry parted ways. Do you have any idea why?

i've heard its because doyle was not happy with the direction that jerry wanted to go in with the misfits ie.project 1950 which i can't say i blame him. i would have liked the graves era misfits better if they had called it something else..
horrorgirl
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:29 pm  Reply with quote

satanick_redneck wrote:
horrorgirl wrote:
satanick_redneck wrote:
my favorite band! great to see a thread on them! even just seeing glenn and doyle this past october was to me what most call a 'religous experience'.

I wish I could have seen that. I wonder why Doyle and Jerry parted ways. Do you have any idea why?

i've heard its because doyle was not happy with the direction that jerry wanted to go in with the misfits ie.project 1950 which i can't say i blame him. i would have liked the graves era misfits better if they had called it something else..

Agreed. They should have just named themselves something else rather than have used the Misfits name. I think they probably would have received more respect from the old school fans if they would have done so.
Tony Saint
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:18 pm  Reply with quote

It's astounding how big this Misfits thing has gotten, long after they broke up. I think the Hot Topic chain may have something to do with it, though.

Remember when Doyle and Jerry were WCW jobbers?

Hear the "Killer Nerd" remix at Wayne Alan Harold and Toby Radloff's Lurid Entertainment!
rip13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:54 pm  Reply with quote

May be going to see them on the 29th of September!
Krugrsgrl
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:27 am  Reply with quote

Tony Saint wrote:
It's astounding how big this Misfits thing has gotten, long after they broke up. I think the Hot Topic chain may have something to do with it, though.

heh- not me- I've never been able to get Glenn or the song Mother out of my head since it came out. I would just forget to pick up an album. I would hear it on the radio and bitch to myself for being so stupid to forget THIS band. Finally a mth ago I was going with a friend to Borders and I fucking knew what I was going to get that day. Twisted Evil
Marduk
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:53 am  Reply with quote

Those guys where onto something and then broke up before they got a chance to suck. It's too bad they hit the comeback trail in the mid 90's though. It just wasn't as good as the original. Weeping openly
horrorgirl
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:36 pm  Reply with quote

Tony Saint wrote:

Remember when Doyle and Jerry were WCW jobbers?

It was because Jerry over merchandised the Misfits name. That whole WCW debacle was painful to behold.
horrorgirl
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:37 pm  Reply with quote

rip13 wrote:
May be going to see them on the 29th of September!

You are not seeing the Misfits. It is not the Misfits without Glenn Danzig. By going to see The Newfits you are giving yet more money to an underserving Jerry Only.
Krugrsgrl
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:43 pm  Reply with quote

Glenn just plated at a 6-6-6 party for the Lavey family.

horrorgirl
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:04 pm  Reply with quote

Krugrsgrl wrote:
Glenn just plated at a 6-6-6 party for the Lavey family.

I read an ad for that party in another community a while back. I wonder how it was. My aunt used to hang around with the older LaVey daughter in San Francisco way back when.
rogueboy138
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:26 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I was gonna go last Fridday night here in Boston...But blew it off after I just bought and listened to the abortion that is Osaka Popstar (or whatever the hell that was called)

I buddy of mine used to sell Jerry and Doyle their suppliments (for working out) - SO when they would come around the Boston area we would hang out with them. They all were ALWAYS nice guys to me and the fans that I saw them greet. Can really never personally say a bad thing about any of them.

We went to the 25th Anniverary show in NYC and hung on the bus with Doyle (Jerry was "MIA"before the show) He told us that as of that time (about an hour before the gig) the Graves still had not called and was not sure if he wanted to play the gig...

See- A few different stories have made the rounds...But what it basically came down to is that Jerry Only is apparently a very domineering and difficult man to work with/for. He does own the rights to the name and logos etc...So Chud and Graves got sick of it and bailed and only had kept in contact with Doyle. (which is kind of how the end of the American Psycho tour went as well)

But the thing is, is that allegedly-Doyle pulled kind of a real dick move and walked out on his family and left them high and dry for Gorgeous George (of WCW fame) and ended up marrying her. Well that exiled him from Jerry as (funny as it seems- Jerry is a big family man.) So that lent even more animosity between them...

So last I hear- Doyle played a few gigs with Danzig and they are cool. Graves and Chud both had solo projects (and if anyone has any of Graves cds-the Dahlia Project or Graves stuff- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email me as I would LOVE a copy) and Jerry is doing the traveling rotating Misfits circus...

Really too bad as I LOVED them and hate to say that I got into them during the Graves era and went back and discovered the Danzig stuff.

Word onthe street is that Metallica are such HUGE fans that James and Lars begged them to get back together so that Metallica could take them on the road for the 'Some kind of Mosnter" tour...Needless to say- they refused...

Cannot imagine the kind of hate that would make you refuse THAT kind of exposure...

Damn..Too bad...

Tony
horrorgirl
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:42 pm  Reply with quote

From what I understand Glenn does make some money off of some of the tshirts. Glenn gets money from one company and Jerry from another. I think it's crap that Jerry got the majority of the rights, because Glenn is the one that wrote most of the music.

I have heard a lot of stories about how Jerry is an asshole, and how he has told people that he is in it just for the cash. It sure seems that way, especially since he is continuing to try to STILL make money off of the name.
Tony Saint
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:52 pm  Reply with quote

I'd do it. It wouldn't make me a good person, but it would make me rich. How punk.

Hear the "Killer Nerd" remix at Wayne Alan Harold and Toby Radloff's Lurid Entertainment!