FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Dexter
The Buz
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:52 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

That was by far the best episode so far.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:27 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1642
Location: Standing at the foot of your bed

It was an awesome episode. Poor Deb -- she is really heading down a rocky road. And Rita's ex cracks me up.

But I didn't quite understand what was up with the shrink. Sure, he wielded power by getting his patients to commit suicide, but wouldn't that cut into his profit margin quite a bit? Confused
_________________
Can you feel the thirst?
I'll see you on the other side . . . Witchy Woman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:51 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2501
Location: In the dark...

The Woman In Black wrote:
It was an awesome episode. Poor Deb -- she is really heading down a rocky road. And Rita's ex cracks me up.

But I didn't quite understand what was up with the shrink. Sure, he wielded power by getting his patients to commit suicide, but wouldn't that cut into his profit margin quite a bit? Confused



I love Dexter. Wub And I'm loving the whole 'who the Ice Truck Killer is' angle.

But the shrink guy... I think it was like he said, he only did it once in awhile... his 'big meal', you know? Didn't eat into his profits too much, and still gave him that boost, that power.
_________________
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust." - T.S. Eliot

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Buz
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:24 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

I still think the best thing they are doing right now is making Dexter more and more human as he goes on. Having sex with Rita was and her not seeing him for who he "really" is was perfect and just the logical next step.

And oh man..in the upcoming preview bit I love the hug from the doc "Dexter..I've waited so long to meet you."
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RingoJ
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:35 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 28514
Location: Flo-Town,Alabama

I'm curious to see how they play the interactions between Doc and Dexter.
_________________
"Sigh. Malachi, Conan is a fictional character, Dungeon Masters are real, hard-working people..." - Chainsaw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
lethaldread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:45 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 12028
Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

RingoJ wrote:
I'm curious to see how they play the interactions between Doc and Dexter.

The moment they cut to the doc's apartment, i told me wife," Yup, thats him alright." She said,"Naw, your wro......"::image of barbie on desk::"DAMNIT!".

This is going to make it very interesting. I think at some point she (sis) will have to choose between them.
_________________
Things we do not talk about in General Chat.
1.Politics.
2.Religion
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:28 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2501
Location: In the dark...

What I can't wait to see is, what is Dexter going to learn from the Doc face to face? Obviously, the Doc has none of the intimacy issues Dexter is just now learning to deal with...

And poor Deb... if they do end up catching him as the killer, that will look SO bad for her... not to mention what it could do to her and Dex's relationship.
_________________
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust." - T.S. Eliot

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
David
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:28 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 164
Location: East of Peace River

Horror Chic wrote:
And poor Deb... if they do end up catching him as the killer, that will look SO bad for her... not to mention what it could do to her and Dex's relationship.

I think Deb is going to have much bigger problems than that. Like ending up tied upside down in her boyfriend's walk in freezer. The way the Doc was molding her legs makes me think he has aspirations of making her a pawn in his game with Dexter. Remember that Dexter said he doesn't feel anything for anybody but if he did feel something it would be for Deb. I think his lack of empathy is going to be put to the test.

What about that brief flash of Dex as a blood-spattered child when he was under regression therapy? Was he screaming about his mommy? All of these serial killers seem to have definite mommy issues. I wonder if we are going to see more about the incident that made him a serial killer before the end of the season.

My favorite moments from the last episode were when the ice truck killer wrote about how they'll share a cold one someday and Dex thinking "I can't kill Meridian. I need another therapy session." God, I love this show!
_________________
His friend demanding what scarlet was, the blind man answered: It was like the sound of a trumpet. - John Locke, Human Understanding
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Buz
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:45 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

David wrote:
Horror Chic wrote:
And poor Deb... if they do end up catching him as the killer, that will look SO bad for her... not to mention what it could do to her and Dex's relationship.

I think Deb is going to have much bigger problems than that. Like ending up tied upside down in her boyfriend's walk in freezer. The way the Doc was molding her legs makes me think he has aspirations of making her a pawn in his game with Dexter. Remember that Dexter said he doesn't feel anything for anybody but if he did feel something it would be for Deb. I think his lack of empathy is going to be put to the test.

What about that brief flash of Dex as a blood-spattered child when he was under regression therapy? Was he screaming about his mommy? All of these serial killers seem to have definite mommy issues. I wonder if we are going to see more about the incident that made him a serial killer before the end of the season.

My favorite moments from the last episode were when the ice truck killer wrote about how they'll share a cold one someday and Dex thinking "I can't kill Meridian. I need another therapy session." God, I love this show!



SPOILERS

On note about the flashback thing. It got me thinking...why is the doc so obessed with Dex?

My theory is they were both involved in the same accident (or crime..)

The Docs mom had both her legs cut off, and dex is calling out for his mom...

perhaps they're brothers? That would explain the ice truck killers obsession with Dexter.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reno
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:58 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 251

and the flashback of him covered in blood as a baby. im sure thats one of the reason he cannot stand blood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
The Buz
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:10 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

reno wrote:
and the flashback of him covered in blood as a baby. im sure thats one of the reason he cannot stand blood


Huh?

Dexter loves blood.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lethaldread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:18 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 12028
Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

reno wrote:
and the flashback of him covered in blood as a baby. im sure thats one of the reason he cannot stand blood

I think you got that from the last episode where he told that to the therapist. He was just saying that.
_________________
Things we do not talk about in General Chat.
1.Politics.
2.Religion
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
reno
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:51 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 26 Jul 2006
Posts: 251

Atomic_Ilk wrote:
reno wrote:
and the flashback of him covered in blood as a baby. im sure thats one of the reason he cannot stand blood


Huh?

Dexter loves blood.



he has a fascination with blood but he doenst love it. remember his comments about blood when he saw the body in the pool in the first episode
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
The Buz
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:47 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 3590
Location: Cow Palace.

reno wrote:
Atomic_Ilk wrote:
reno wrote:
and the flashback of him covered in blood as a baby. im sure thats one of the reason he cannot stand blood


Huh?

Dexter loves blood.



he has a fascination with blood but he doenst love it. remember his comments about blood when he saw the body in the pool in the first episode


No he thought that was facinating. Draining the blood from the body. Which he actually does himself by slicing the neck. Dex would like to try that to watch all the blood come out. That's why it was such a novel idea to him.
_________________
Insert that one line from that one movie from that one actor here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:25 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2501
Location: In the dark...

Atomic_Ilk wrote:
reno wrote:
Atomic_Ilk wrote:
reno wrote:
and the flashback of him covered in blood as a baby. im sure thats one of the reason he cannot stand blood


Huh?

Dexter loves blood.



he has a fascination with blood but he doenst love it. remember his comments about blood when he saw the body in the pool in the first episode


No he thought that was facinating. Draining the blood from the body. Which he actually does himself by slicing the neck. Dex would like to try that to watch all the blood come out. That's why it was such a novel idea to him.


Well, yes and no.... Dex is fastidious... he is fascinated by blood but he doesn't like to dabble in it or anything. Bodily fluids, like emotions, make him uncomfortable. It's like sex.... it's not that he doesn't LIKE sex, but he doesn't like how MESSY sex is (and with the help of his two Doc's he's getting over that, slowly). Death is the same. It's not that he doesn't like killing... but he doesn't revel in the mess.
_________________
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust." - T.S. Eliot

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 4 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum