FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Star Wars LE DVD's?
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:31 pm  Reply with quote

I bought the first two LE DVD's today.

My dealer is saving "Jedi" for me.

I'm probably one of the many suckers who bought the box and then chalked up more cash for the new editions.

I've only seen the films in their original form once. I plan on checking them out again.

Will anyone be buying these? Has anyone bought these? If so, how did it meet your expectations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:49 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I need to go get em and fast.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:53 pm  Reply with quote

I was taken with them. I want to see the originals again, I've only seen the hacked ones, and the really hacked ones with Lucas the hack vainly connecting his prequels and originals by splicing in footage.

It was an embarrassing change. These originals will be a breath of fresh air.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
~IC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:17 am  Reply with quote

Can someone fill me in on these releases, like what's the deal with them. The Limited Edition box set that came out two years ago can still be found all over this small town I live in so I'm wondering what the rush is to get these releases.
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:19 am  Reply with quote

~IC wrote:
Can someone fill me in on these releases, like what's the deal with them. The Limited Edition box set that came out two years ago can still be found all over this small town I live in so I'm wondering what the rush is to get these releases.

The boxed set features the new cuts of Lucas' films which includes the special effects added from the previous VHS SE's, AND more footage added to link Lucas' crappy prequels to the original trilogy, even including Hayden Anakin in the last scene of "Jedi."

These are the original "Star Wars" films in all their glory, without Lucas' hack work.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:01 am  Reply with quote

It really annoys me that the originals come boxed with the special editions...

At least the films are over and done with, no more horrid acting or JarJar.
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:04 am  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
It really annoys me that the originals come boxed with the special editions...

At least the films are over and done with, no more horrid acting or JarJar.

That's yet to be seen. Lucas is in talks to possibly create new prequels setting the stages of the jedi and darkside formation, and may create a limited series. May not be the last we hear of Jar JAr.
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:51 am  Reply with quote

Has anybody seen the theatrical unaltered Star Wars on DVDs yet? How do they look, picture and sound wise?
Marduk
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:52 pm  Reply with quote

I've had the original untampered trilogy on DVD for a few years now so I won't be buying these.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:55 pm  Reply with quote

GODHOOD wrote:
Has anybody seen the theatrical unaltered Star Wars on DVDs yet? How do they look, picture and sound wise?

Mine finally shipped today from Amazon, but from what I have heard the quality is the same as the VHS releases from back in the mid 90s.
conundrum
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:55 pm  Reply with quote

I know that it is sometimes fun to watch those rough cuts of the movies, but come on people, the real versions have been on DVD for a while now.
Samhain
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:16 pm  Reply with quote
Glory Hole

http://www.dreadcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2168
flashback
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:20 am  Reply with quote

conundrum wrote:
I know that it is sometimes fun to watch those rough cuts of the movies, but come on people, the real versions have been on DVD for a while now.

those "rough cuts" revolutonized science fiction movies and lucas treats them like red headed step children to faver his reedits.

zombies , they creep me out.
conundrum
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:45 am  Reply with quote

flashback wrote:
conundrum wrote:

those "rough cuts" revolutonized science fiction movies and lucas treats them like red headed step children to faver his reedits.

I believe you mean "final cuts."
flashback
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:50 am  Reply with quote

conundrum wrote:
flashback wrote:
conundrum wrote:

I believe you mean "final cuts."

I believe a movie is like a time capsule.it shows a time as well as tels a story.the original version shouldn`t be tampered with.

zombies , they creep me out.