FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Rated Ex -> Cannibal Holocaust
moogy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:55 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 87

didn't the director go to jail over this movie?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:10 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 357
Location: Orlando, FL

moogy wrote:
didn't the director go to jail over this movie?


I do remember something about him being arrested, then having to prove in court that those where actors not real people in the film that were killed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Goo4reel
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:08 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 126
Location: Chicago

thedudeabides wrote:
I grew up watching Italian zombie and Cannibal movies, so this has a soft spot for me...


BUT I hate the animal killing.

It really bothers me.


Animals Die thats what they do It is he who commands you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gprime
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:13 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 2324
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

He was tried in Italian court because they believed the people being killed were actually dead. He had to diprove it through testemony and explaining the effects. His animal killings never faced legal challenges, since at the time, it was legal.
_________________
Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad says, “there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Goo4reel
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:13 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 126
Location: Chicago

http://www.cannibalholocaust.net

fun stuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Coryses
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:02 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 23
Location: Sacramento, Ca

Goo4reel wrote:
thedudeabides wrote:
I grew up watching Italian zombie and Cannibal movies, so this has a soft spot for me...


BUT I hate the animal killing.

It really bothers me.


Animals Die thats what they do It is he who commands you!


Well, then that would be so for humans too, but this wasn't a snuff film.
It is a great movie, for those times when you just want to be put in a horrible mood hahaha. As you can see by my avater I am a fan of it though!
_________________
Make sure I'm all that way dead!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:52 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Love this movie. Brilliant statement about human cruelty and how an invading society can affect the other.

I heard they're planning a remake of this. US treatment. I shudder to think how that will turn out.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MichaelMyersBrother
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:56 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 267

Terminal wrote:
Love this movie. Brilliant statement about human cruelty and how an invading society can affect the other.

I heard they're planning a remake of this. US treatment. I shudder to think how that will turn out.



Shocked Rolling Eyes

A US remake to Cannibal Holocaust..... This should be good.
_________________
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=michaelmyersbrother


"Mass hysteria? What do they think, we're imagining all this?!" - Harry Cooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:12 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

MichaelMyersBrother wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Love this movie. Brilliant statement about human cruelty and how an invading society can affect the other.

I heard they're planning a remake of this. US treatment. I shudder to think how that will turn out.



Shocked Rolling Eyes

A US remake to Cannibal Holocaust..... This should be good.


Oh yes, it's bound to be fantastic.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
~IC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:34 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 386
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Terminal wrote:
MichaelMyersBrother wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Love this movie. Brilliant statement about human cruelty and how an invading society can affect the other.

I heard they're planning a remake of this. US treatment. I shudder to think how that will turn out.



Shocked Rolling Eyes

A US remake to Cannibal Holocaust..... This should be good.


Oh yes, it's bound to be fantastic.


I hope they kill Paris Hilton in this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:47 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

I hear they attempt to, but she tastes so awful they let her live.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:15 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1256

MichaelMyersBrother wrote:
The rape scene actually grossed me out more than the animal killings.


LOL, which one?!?!?!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:02 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Johnny Truant wrote:
MichaelMyersBrother wrote:
The rape scene actually grossed me out more than the animal killings.


LOL, which one?!?!?!!


When they raped the villager was possibly the worst scenes for me.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
satanick_redneck
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:37 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 14
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

i love this movie so much because it actually lives up to the hype. most movies that are hyped up as the most vile or banned in 50 countries while being good movies they just aren't as disturbing as they let on, but this really did make my stomache turn a few times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:53 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

satanick_redneck wrote:
i love this movie so much because it actually lives up to the hype. most movies that are hyped up as the most vile or banned in 50 countries while being good movies they just aren't as disturbing as they let on, but this really did make my stomache turn a few times.


I agree. And I HAD to watch it for a review, and I was nervous. It was gruesome, I have to admit.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Rated Ex

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum