FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> Halloween Question
Terminal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:24 am  Reply with quote

This has probably been asked before, but I was watching "Halloween 4," and "Halloween 5," two films I personally enjoy.

Now, Jamie Lloyd is Laurie Strode's daughter? This would mean the parents who disappeared for nearly a year were Laurie and the medic from Halloween 2?

So this would mean John from H20 was her brother?

It's confusing, but if someone could clear this up for me, I'd be thankful.

Also, I'd love to see a sequel where it turns out the Jamie killed in "Revenge of Michael Myers" wasn't actually Jamie. Such a great character didn't deserve to be killed like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
arseface
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:25 pm  Reply with quote

They ignored everything that happened after Halloween II when they made H2O.
Laughing Corpse
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:24 am  Reply with quote

Terminal, with high standards such as yours, how is it possible that you actually enjoy Halloween 4 and 5? Laughing
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:27 am  Reply with quote

Laughing Corpse wrote:
Terminal, with high standards such as yours, how is it possible that you actually enjoy Halloween 4 and 5? Laughing

I'm a hardcore slasher fan, and just because I have high standards, doesn't imply I dont have an occaisonal guilty pleasure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Laughing Corpse
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:33 am  Reply with quote

Halloween 4 was really good but 5 was a fucking shame.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:36 am  Reply with quote

Laughing Corpse wrote:
Halloween 4 was really good but 5 was a fucking shame.

I rather enjoyed both, really. While they both consciously lifted from the original "Halloween," I really enjoyed that Jamie became a girl who lost everyone she loved, and had to fight her uncle. Next to Loomis and Laurie, Jamie was one of the most interesting antagonists in the "Halloween" series.

That's why I hated the way she was offed in "Curse of," because she was on the level of Tommy Jarvis and they could have done a lot with her.

I mean sure, it started becoming mediocre after part two, but I really enjoy four and five. Part six is fun, even if seven and eight are terrible.
Laughing Corpse
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:45 am  Reply with quote

I enjoyed part 5 for it's balls. Very vicious and intense. But the characters are so BAD. That's why I feel like I'm being put through a stress test everytime I watch it.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:53 am  Reply with quote

Laughing Corpse wrote:
I enjoyed part 5 for it's balls. Very vicious and intense. But the characters are so BAD. That's why I feel like I'm being put through a stress test everytime I watch it.

That's very true, the only compelling characters were Loomis and Jamie. The entire cast is just there to die.
Laughing Corpse
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:07 am  Reply with quote

I really would have liked to know who the man in black was too. Halloween 6 should've picked up right after Revenge. Just like 2 did for the first Halloween.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:11 am  Reply with quote

Laughing Corpse wrote:
I really would have liked to know who the man in black was too. Halloween 6 should've picked up right after Revenge. Just like 2 did for the first Halloween.

They explained in part six, but it was a rather crappy one. The leader of the cult. Oooh.
Laughing Corpse
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:28 am  Reply with quote

The indication of DNA experimentation was pretty retarded too. In part 6 when they show that fetus and the DNA image next to it.
myersfan 78
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:30 pm  Reply with quote

As much as I love Halloween I have to admit the sequels after 2 are very inferior.there's no consistency in the storyline because they're made by different people who apparently didn't bother to watch the previous film. Rolling Eyes