FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> Rob Zombie's 'Halloween 3'
brandywine
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:19 am  Reply with quote

I just found this article from another site i got to called horrorbid and thought it was interesting. What do you guys think if they do remake it?

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2010/03/17/what-if-rob-zombie-s-halloween-3
BadAsh
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:21 pm  Reply with quote

I would only like it if he did it as a remake of the original Halloween III....sans Michael Myers LOL

Count Zartro
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

If Zombie remade Halloween 3 Season of the Witch, he would change the name of the mask company from Silver Shamrock to Silver Shitfuck, and the movie would take place in Alabama this time.
Emy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:24 pm  Reply with quote

Odd, from news articles I read, it was said to no be a Rob Zombie movie. No director was named. Tom Atkins and Acout Taylor-Compton were the only persons named as attached.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:51 pm  Reply with quote

I had very fond memories of Season of the Witch from when I was a kid. Then I watched it a couple months ago and holy hell, every frame of the movie sucks beyond all belief. I kept burying my head in pillows because I was so ashamed to have wanted to watch it. God damn is it bad.

I'd still rather have Zombie than that Lussier guy or whatever his name is. MBV3D was so generic and by-the-numbers it was akin to a 3rd graders paint-by-number picture that gets hung up on the refrigerator. Except that is more impressive because as far as I know this MBV3D guy isn't in the 3rd grade anymore.

Fuck Halloween. It totally got away from what it was after the original.

At least with Friday the 13th it was as it began so all of the movies are enjoyable on the same level. I did just happen to whip out the Friday box set and am going to start watching them all again.
Kid A
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:46 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
I had very fond memories of Season of the Witch from when I was a kid. Then I watched it a couple months ago and holy hell, every frame of the movie sucks beyond all belief. I kept burying my head in pillows because I was so ashamed to have wanted to watch it. God damn is it bad.

At least with Friday the 13th it was as it began so all of the movies are enjoyable on the same level. I did just happen to whip out the Friday box set and am going to start watching them all again.

While I won't debate the merits of Halloween 3(I loved it), I am thinking you aren't totally correct about your F13 statement. You phrased that awkwardly, but are you meaning that every movie follows the same person or is the same premise? I guess the premises are the same for the most part, but one of them followed some dude who was not Jason so to me that is not entirely correct. Splitting hairs, I know and it's not nearly divergence Halloween 3 was.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:04 pm  Reply with quote

Wow a lot of unbiased reporting going on there.

"With two fresh new takes of the Michael Myers saga adding his own flavor and lore Rob Zombie woke up the beast that was the Halloween series."

"if Rob continued Halloween how and what would he explore. He has taken his version of Michael Myers to the brink."

"Good or bad Rob Zombie changed the Halloween series for ever and those films will never go away. They will be shown for decades and decades to come."

After that, I couldn't finish the article. No way will I see another abomination from Zombie. No way in hell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:06 pm  Reply with quote

Count Zartro wrote:
If Zombie remade Halloween 3 Season of the Witch, he would change the name of the mask company from Silver Shamrock to Silver Shitfuck, and the movie would take place in Alabama this time.

LMAO.

And instead of the jingle it'd be a hard rock song by Zombie and Sheri Moon dancing in the commercial.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:02 am  Reply with quote

Kid A wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

While I won't debate the merits of Halloween 3(I loved it), I am thinking you aren't totally correct about your F13 statement. You phrased that awkwardly, but are you meaning that every movie follows the same person or is the same premise? I guess the premises are the same for the most part, but one of them followed some dude who was not Jason so to me that is not entirely correct. Splitting hairs, I know and it's not nearly divergence Halloween 3 was.

That's not what I meant but Halloween is a crappy franchise. I've never liked it and have never owned any of the sequels.

Friday is awesome, it never takes itself seriously. It's just alot of fun to see the T&A and all the kill scenes. which they never waste any time getting to. I own all the Friday the 13th movies. There are lots of drinking games you can come up with while watching the Friday movies. They're just fun.

Anyway this article was just a what if? I didn't find it particularly interesting cause Rob can get himself hooked up with better movies than the bottom of the barrell Halloween franchise. I did appreciate how it didn't slam Zombie at all so they were definitely not interested in being cool and hip.
horrorbusiness
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:16 am  Reply with quote

I enjoyed Halloween three, now. When it came out after the first two I thought it was a huge steaming pile.
Count Zartro
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:28 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Count Zartro wrote:

LMAO.

And instead of the jingle it'd be a hard rock song by Zombie and Sheri Moon dancing in the commercial.

LOL yessir!! Tom Atkins part would be played by Lew Temple, and when Sid Haige as the owner of the mask company tells him why he is doing it, he will say "Because it's the best shit the bed fucking mother joke of them god damn all, a dickin cunt house joke on the audience"

And hey FT, it looks like you mag Rue Morgue is interested in being hip and cool, because in the latest issue they review Rob Zombies Hellbilly Deluxe 2, and while they give the album a good review, they take a shot at Zombies films.

Just throwing that out there, cause I know how much you love RM Wink
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:30 pm  Reply with quote

Count Zartro wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Count Zartro wrote:

LMAO.

LOL yessir!! Tom Atkins part would be played by Lew Temple, and when Sid Haige as the owner of the mask company tells him why he is doing it, he will say "Because it's the best shit the bed fucking mother joke of them god damn all, a dickin cunt house joke on the audience"

And hey FT, it looks like you mag Rue Morgue is interested in being hip and cool, because in the latest issue they review Rob Zombies Hellbilly Deluxe 2, and while they give the album a good review, they take a shot at Zombies films.

Just throwing that out there, cause I know how much you love RM Wink

Oh man now the hip and cool RM are being hip and cool by bashing Zombie. Nice.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:46 pm  Reply with quote

I don't have the current issue of Rue Morgue or HorrorHound. I need to get to the bookstore. RM has never been hip or cool. You're confusing them with Fangoria.
myersfan 78
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:31 pm  Reply with quote

This isn't happening.Halloween 3D has Tom Atkins in it but it won't be directed by RZ.however,Scout Taylor-Compton and Tyler Mane will be in it so it's a continuation of RZ's Halloween. The Shape
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:21 am  Reply with quote

I want to ring Scout Taylor Compton's neck.