FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> About my new movie- BLOODGOD
Sonny
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:20 am  Reply with quote

So, about Bloodgod.

Before we get to what the movie is about, let me tell you the circumstance behind it, skip this part if you could give a shit-

PERSONAL HISTORY-

I'd made three movies up until that point, rather successful, fun. But I was at a very rough time in my life, and I knew the only thing that was going to keep me sane was to throw myself into another one. So I went digging through all of my old short stories and I pulled up Anathema. I'd always liked that one. I re-read it, decided it would be a real challenge and I'd have to move things around a bit, I'd also have to rename it.

I'd always like the word Bloodgod.

Most of my cast had moved to another city so I recruited a bunch of newbies (although I did get the old favorites back of course, Cody, Justin, Jared, they're all in there, they have small but substantial parts) and decided to get to filming.

Now I want you to take a second to look around your house or apartment, right now, and tell yourself that you want to make a monster movie....what can you use laying around to make your monster? More than a monster, I'd have to have a transformation scene in there. Most people wouldn't attempt it. But I never let a thing like no money or supplies stop me so I got to building.

It was, up until that point, the most extensive f/x project I'd ever tackled. I'd have to have a FULL monster suit, I was insane to attempt it, but I did it anyway. Everything in the movie is hand painted, hand crafted, made with nothing but infamous Sonny effects. This is before Highway 91...much, much earlier.

We had a ball making it.

It was honestly some of the most fun I'd ever had.

The results was a movie that some people say is my best..but some people LOATHE it. But what can I say? I was at a funny place in my life.

The fact is my fans (and there amazingly a few hundred out there...and they've bought everything I've put out god bless 'em) will like this thing as much as my other films, it's quite different, but when did I make anything that was like anything else? Shit even my zombie movie was pretty kooky. But they know what they're in for, although honestly it is a drop in quality. This was Sonny still finding his footing...I made this thing after The Aborted to give you some kind of perspective. But you folks will dig it was much as anything else I've done.

When I finished it, I moved to the city, hooked back up with the old crew and before I could even think about Bloodgod, I started a new movie (The Last Battleground.)

It's sat on this shelf the whole time and every now and then it would whisper to me..."Sonny, I'm here, remember how much you loved me? Remember the transformation scene? Remember that bathroom scene?"

But it needed a lot of work....it was a pretty troubled editing process. I was working with such substandard equipment back then.

Now though...now it's the Bloodgods time.

For those who have never checked out my previous stuff (and shame on you for crying out loud, you can download most of my movies off amazon for like 2 bucks) I don't know if I'd tell you to start here...if you like what you see and it sounds interesting. Give the sucker a shot, but know first and foremost...the story comes first in my movies. I don't have effects...or the best camera...but goddammit I can tell a motherfucking STORY.

Now I'm done.

OFFICIAL MOVIE STUFF

Bloodgod follows a guy named Chris. Pretty normal dude. Loves his girlfriend to death.

One day funny stuff begins to happen. He starts bleeding...his stomach starts hurting..his body starts changing and mutating. He's becoming something different.

He sets out on a journey to figure out what's happening to him and why...and if there's some way to stop it.

There's lots of death, destruction, blood and violence along the way.

And believe it or not...by the end...you'll realize that the entire fate of the world hangs in the balance.

We're talking about a favorite theme of mine....hell on earth.

So there you have it, the latest flick from me and DT studios...love them or hate them...for better or worse, this badboy is dropping.

Here's the BRAND SPANKING NEW TEASER TRAILER...and there's more stuff out there if you search it out-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_IuU7wcXC8