FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Battlestar Galactica
The Reaper
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:48 am  Reply with quote

8 more days and I can finally finish season 2.

*sigh*
The Reaper
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:31 pm  Reply with quote

Nothing like your preorder shipping out a day after the release date.

*curses incoherently*
Sirand
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:41 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Did I mention that the two-parter that kicks off the 2.5 set is the most jaw-dropping stuff on the series?

*dances around*
The Reaper
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:53 pm  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
Did I mention that the two-parter that kicks off the 2.5 set is the most jaw-dropping stuff on the series?

*dances around*

I don't think I like you anymore.
sawalter
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:11 pm  Reply with quote

Can't wait to finish up the 2nd season (and the webisodes) myself before 10/6. Hadn't seen any of this series since the miniseries and have been cramming.
flashback
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:14 am  Reply with quote

is there anyone besides me who hated the remake of battlestar galactia till they watched a few episodes.
I hated the pilot but watched a few eposodes anyway and accepted it then.I still like the original series better.

did you know that the intro of the galactia 1980 shows was replaced by the battlestar galactia intro.now people unfamular with the original battlestar galactia may think galactica 1980 are included in the original battlestar run and wonder why the hardcore fans of the original battlestar like it so much.

zombies , they creep me out.
Elf
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:07 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:

*dances around*

Man, that was intense with Six and everything, wasn't it?

And God I love Starbuck.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:40 am  Reply with quote

So I'm on episode away from the finale of season 2...The last 2 I watched, especcially the Cylon-centric one, were why I love the show...Black Market and Scar were easily the worst episodes yet and they stood out a lot because they were REALLY bad...And now I hate Dualla a lot.
The Reaper
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:45 am  Reply with quote

My damn set finally arrived today. Getting ready to start on it here in a bit.

Also, I had almost forgotten about the extended 'Pegasus' episode. I believe it has an extra 14 or so minutes, so that should be interesting.

*giddy*
Elf
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:42 am  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
So I'm on episode away from the finale of season 2...The last 2 I watched, especcially the Cylon-centric one, were why I love the show...Black Market and Scar were easily the worst episodes yet and they stood out a lot because they were REALLY bad...And now I hate Dualla a lot.

What, you didn't like "Scar"?

I can see why one wouldn't like "Black Market". It was as if they're trying to show why Apollo was so fucked up. However, it was almost such a sudden change.

"Scar" on the other hand showed Starbuck's ongoing decent. Not to mention her growing up just a little bit. And it showed the complexity of the Starbuck/Apollo dynamic. I thought "Scar" was a wonderful character piece. Then again, I do love Starbuck so . . .
Sirand
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:26 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

While the batch of stand alone's in the second season were WAAAAAY off track, I dug 'Scar' quite a bit.

I still prefer the serial format though.
Elf
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:17 am  Reply with quote

Oh, I prefer the serial format too. I guess they ahd to take a break from that because the Pegasus arch was just SO intense. I guess even BSG needs some filler episodes, sadly.

However, "Scar" was some damned good filler. Then again, Katee Stackhouse does an amazing job at Starbuck. I also adored "The Farm" because of her.

Then again "The Farm" was a very chilling episode. Which will play into this season. I hope.

(Even though I'd rather see a Starbuck Cylon than what I think they're planning.)
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:46 pm  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
While the batch of stand alone's in the second season were WAAAAAY off track, I dug 'Scar' quite a bit.

Exactly...They have done a great job of keeping things movie character-wise that way so a couple of stand-alones really sucked me out of it...Scar bothered me because I found it dull and having very little to do with the bigger picture...
Elf
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:55 pm  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:

Exactly...They have done a great job of keeping things movie character-wise that way so a couple of stand-alones really sucked me out of it...Scar bothered me because I found it dull and having very little to do with the bigger picture...

It was setting up Starbuck's rise again. She'd fallen. After Six beat her in season one she wasn't quite the same. Especially after "The Farm".

This episode set her in motion to grow and heal again. True, they'll probably do something like kill Sam or something to punt her back down again, but she'll be stronger this time for it. More able to fight back.

Then again, I'm a huge Starbuck fan so there you go.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:02 am  Reply with quote

Elf wrote:
Sirand wrote:

It was setting up Starbuck's rise again. She'd fallen. After Six beat her in season one she wasn't quite the same. Especially after "The Farm".

This episode set her in motion to grow and heal again. True, they'll probably do something like kill Sam or something to punt her back down again, but she'll be stronger this time for it. More able to fight back.

Then again, I'm a huge Starbuck fan so there you go.

I didn't see any of that in this episode because she went right back to being fucked up...The episode is filler and nothing else.