FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> BLOODY PULP (1982) - the lost movie Fangoria cover story
udar55
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:55 pm  Reply with quote

Greetings fellow horror addicts!

Just wanted to post a link to this here as I think some folks (esp. the old school variety) might enjoy this story I did. BLOODY PULP was an anthology that holds the unfortunate distinction of being the only film to grace the feature story on a Fangoria cover but actually never get finished. After reading a post at the AV Maniacs forum, I took it upon myself to find out just what the hell happened to this film. And, believe it or not, I found out! I was able to get in touch with co-creators Thomas Doran and Frank Farel. Both men were more than willing to give me the story behind the story. Not only that, but they supplied me with storyboards, art and never-before-seen photographs. And Mr. Farel shares the story about how footage he shot as a 19-year-old college student ended up being seen nationwide in the opening of the U.S. release of DOCTOR BUTCHER, M.D. (aka ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST).

If you feel like stepping back into 1982 (and, honestly, who doesn't) check it out!

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/08/never-got-made-files-67-bloody-pulp.html
udar55
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:38 pm  Reply with quote

Hey guys! I figured this was the best place to put this new link.

For anyone who is interested, the BLOODY PULP investigation actually led me to another unfinished horror film called THE ANGER (1984). It actually involves some of the same filmmakers, even though they never worked on this UK production. Make sense? Probably not, but the article below gives all the juicy details (and with some words from Fango's Phil Nutman too). If you dig ultra-obscure 80s horror info, please check it out.

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/09/never-got-made-files-68-anger-1984.html