FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> Scream 4
nonserviam03
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:38 pm  Reply with quote

I really dug this one. It's nothing particularly new, but the ending was interesting, and it did the exact opposite with the characters than I expected it to, so kudos on not being incredibly predictable.

Also, yeah... it was the goriest, which is always good. lol
Count Zartro
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:32 pm  Reply with quote

I agree with everything you just posted.

I was suprised by the direction of the film, it wasn't what I expected, and yes the ending was an interesting commentary on current society.

**Spoilers**

My only gripe was that someone out of the surviving 3 should have died, I was amazed that they all survived 3 but this go round at least one of them if not two should not have made it.

Also they should have referenced Sidney's father at some point to explain why she was living with relatives.

**End Spoilers**

All in all nowhere near as bad as it could have been.

I've been a fan of the series if outside of part 3, and this actually makes a good 3rd movie to wrap up the series, if they choose to do so. You can ignore 3 and it has no effect on his film at all, and I like that.
NYC-Hearts
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:22 am  Reply with quote

Count Zartro wrote:
I agree with everything you just posted.

I was suprised by the direction of the film, it wasn't what I expected, and yes the ending was an interesting commentary on current society.

**Spoilers**

My only gripe was that someone out of the surviving 3 should have died, I was amazed that they all survived 3 but this go round at least one of them if not two should not have made it.

Also they should have referenced Sidney's father at some point to explain why she was living with relatives.

**End Spoilers**

All in all nowhere near as bad as it could have been.

I've been a fan of the series if outside of part 3, and this actually makes a good 3rd movie to wrap up the series, if they choose to do so. You can ignore 3 and it has no effect on his film at all, and I like that.

I definitely agree that if they don't make another sequel (which, given the box office returns, is the likely--but hopefully not certain--outcome), this really serves as a great conclusion to the series. I've never been a huge fan of the series (i own the films on dvd, but probably only through various blockbuster going out of biz sales, buying them with a shrug after saying "$1.49 for scream 3? why not?), but this is nasty, effective little bookend to the series. Through its savagery towards the remake trend, and amplified disdain for the ultra-meta characters living through i phones, it stands as a great companion piece to the original.
kiddcapone
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:16 pm  Reply with quote

Sometimes I really feel like the rest of the world is either delusional or smoking fucking crack.

Scream 4 is complete ass. It was a horribly written cheesefest hiding behind a bigger budget and semi-popular actors. It deserves to be tanking. Every day I see it make less money my smile widens.

You'd think at a minimum they would at least think of more creative ways to kill off people. My Bloody Valentine used a pick-axe and they still killed people 10 different ways. All this had was stab after stab after stab. It wasn't even consistent. One will get stabbed in the shoulder or gut and live, while others will get a stabbed in the back through a mail slot and die instantly. And I'm glad Wes Craven picked up where he left off with My Soul to Take by having the killer in costume be 7 foot tall and then reveal the killers to be small kids. I mean, come on. Think of a more creative way to attempt misleading the audience you fucking hack.

When the killer girl was in the hospital and she said, I got stabbed like Gail or whatever, tell me you didn't say to yourself, okay, here was the obvious "slip up" that Sydney alluded to 5 minutes ago. How would she know? Talk about telegraphing something. Then she disconnets from the monitoring machines and NO alarms sound. No doctors and nurses are on duty. She's firing guns in the hospital and no one is interested in finding out what is going on. She's surrounded by 4 people, two of which are cops, how did she think she'd get away with it? Obviously she has to kill everyone, so why did the lady cop hand over her gun? Especially when she was crouching behind a bed with a direct line of sight to shoot her legs.

Shitty writing at it's worst. Fuck Wes Craven and Fuck Scream 4.
Rob
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

I wouldn't say it was complete ass...it was just so damn boring. I liked Hayden Panettiere and Emma Roberts, more Hayden than Emma. The core three were alright also, but the dialogue was awful and the opening was just wretched. It also lacked balls.

If it had ended with Jill being wheeled off with all the cameras, that small smile on her face and us not knowing if Sydney or Gail were alive or not, that would've been alot better, not to mention different and it would've set up an interesting sequel. As is, it was just a bad film with a horrible opening and a predictable ending.

Of course, I'm not a big fan of the Scream films in general. The last really good film Wes Craven has done was New Nightmare as far as I'm concerned.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:05 am  Reply with quote

I was actually hoping Sidney's cousin would get killed by an obsessed fan dressed as ghost face in the end. It would have been an amusing and ironic fate for the character.