FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> The Walking Dead
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:58 am  Reply with quote

I bet I know that moment and sorry you didn't like it, but it was actually a fantastic gut punch that pulled the safety net out from under the main characters or the story and upped the stakes. Which is what any good horror story should do.
Impure159
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:52 am  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I bet I know that moment and sorry you didn't like it, but it was actually a fantastic gut punch that pulled the safety net out from under the main characters or the story and upped the stakes. Which is what any good horror story should do.

After that one thing happened I felt the same way I did halfway through Death Proof only to a greater degree. I'm fine with them pulling the safety net out from under the characters, it was already shown that there was no safety net with the hand incident, this event completely invalidated everything up to that point for me.
The Buz
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:43 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

That was a hard fucking book to get through. Hell I don't think the characters have fully gotten over it yet. So fucked up. How the hell are they going to do that on tv?
Sirand
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:25 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Anyone who has seen Breaking Bad knows that AMC is pretty hardcore.

That said, I'm curious if they'll even do the prison arc. The show could very well go down very different directions in the same way that Dexter and True Blood went astray from their source material.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:16 am  Reply with quote

I've seen the pilot "Days Gone By" and it was fantastic.
Tshoffie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:10 am  Reply with quote

got done watching this and i cant believe i wasted my time on this piece of shit..im sorry but besides being boring for the first part it felt like ive seen this film to many times before...the cgi blood was for shit and the little gore they did show was uninspired..The storyline is very unbelieveable i know if a family member of mine or a good friend and partner of mine was in the hospital even if shit started happening i would do anything i could to get them out of there..and the fact that it sets up the two former parteners for confrontation now that his wife and kids are taking up with the partner is so friggen cliche and its very predictible as to how thats gonna pan out..giving the show a soap opera kinda feel..
ngs091
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:22 am  Reply with quote

I forgot, and I missed the pilot episode!

Does anyone know when they will replay it?

Thanks!
HorrorDj
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:06 am  Reply with quote

ngs091 wrote:
I forgot, and I missed the pilot episode!

Does anyone know when they will replay it?

Thanks!

Put it on amc right now. they are airing it again... For the 3rd time. I may watch again.
The Buz
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:13 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Tshoffie wrote:
got done watching this and i cant believe i wasted my time on this piece of shit..im sorry but besides being boring for the first part it felt like ive seen this film to many times before...the cgi blood was for shit and the little gore they did show was uninspired..The storyline is very unbelieveable i know if a family member of mine or a good friend and partner of mine was in the hospital even if shit started happening i would do anything i could to get them out of there..and the fact that it sets up the two former parteners for confrontation now that his wife and kids are taking up with the partner is so friggen cliche and its very predictible as to how thats gonna pan out..giving the show a soap opera kinda feel..

Yeah character development is always boring. Totally spot on.

The gore effects and blood were done fantastically and continue to be outstanding through future episodes (I've seen the first three eps)

And yes, you're right, the story line is very unbelievable with zombies and such being real in this universe, but hey I'm willing to suspend disbelief. Oh not to mention there is a very good reason Rick was left in the hospital that anyone with patience and not the attention span of a fly would see in an upcoming episode. Wink
And god forbid something that has to do with horror actually attempts to do human drama.

Love this show. Easily the best thing to happen to horror all year. I think Andrew Lincoln is doing a stellar job as Rick, and they really gave Shane some character, instead of him being the weird rapist from the comics.

Really dig what they did with Morgan and his boy. Talk about expanding on that character! Hope to see him some more throughout the series.

And though you guys haven't seen it yet, Glenn, Dale, and Andrea are all friggin awesome. Cannot wait to see what comes next. Though for me now I gotta wait 3 freaking weeks before I can see a new episode. Confused
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:12 pm  Reply with quote

Tshoffie wrote:

I'm sorry, but you're so very wrong! The first episode of TWD is the best damn thing featuring zombies since Romero's trilogy! Thank you Frank for finally making zombies fucking scary again! This show kicks fucking ass!
Sirand
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:31 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Anyone who doesn't like this show is a failure as a horror fan.
dontadow
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:15 am  Reply with quote

Great Pilot. It's the best horror tv show on tv because its the only one, how can you at least not want it to try to succeed.

In any case was I the only one who noticed a major diversion from the comic.

::minor spoiler::

There were dead (unanimated) people in the cars that did not appear to have head wounds. In the graphic novel, several major storylines involve the fact that anyone who dies comes back. In the tv show, at least so far, it appears that only those bitten (or possibly scratched) can come back. Or did I miss something?
Legba
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

Watched this morning. Pretty much average stuff. Patiche of the first three Romeo movies, mired by 'humanist' drama that's TV writing 101, with no sense of artistic style I can gather. About like you'd figure it shaking down. Not something I'd watch weekly, but maybe give an episode another whirl down the line.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:42 am  Reply with quote

Legba wrote:
Watched this morning. Pretty much average stuff. Patiche of the first three Romeo movies, mired by 'humanist' drama that's TV writing 101, with no sense of artistic style I can gather. About like you'd figure it shaking down. Not something I'd watch weekly, but maybe give an episode another whirl down the line.

......................This coming from someone who was intrigued by Zombie's Halloween films. Amazing.
voorheesville
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
Anyone who doesn't like this show is a failure as a horror fan.

Haha, well put Sirand. Even if everything else about the show sucked (which is not the case), at least you can appreciate the incredible zombie fx and insane slow mo head shots. This show rocks and I can't wait until Sunday for the next episode!