FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Guillermo Del Toro leaves The Hobbit. Fuck!
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:19 pm  Reply with quote

I am the Ring's smirking revenge.

That Hobbit cartoon was so great. I really like the Rankin/Bass Return of the King, too. I wish they'd adapted the whole thing in three flicks. The Minstel of Gondor rules. You can still occasionally catch me in the shower singing about, "Frodo of the nine fingers and the ring of doom!"
CryptWalker
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:33 pm  Reply with quote

del Toro left? That's disappointing. As someone mentioned, he'll go on to do better things. Like Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft.

"We have such sights to show you."
-Hellraiser
Karloff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:50 am  Reply with quote

nonserviam03 wrote:
Karloff wrote:
So, I'm an arsehole why exactly? Because I can write English and you can't? Okaaaaaay

Thanks, anyway, FT, for giving me another reason to report you. Name calling? Is that the best you can do? Sadly yes.

To elaborate, the Hobbit movies are taking way longer than expected (and the studio had told Del Toro it would only take 3 years). He has other things he wants to do, and can't put his life and career on hold and move to New Zealand to work on these movies for 6+ years.

How long did the Lord Of The Rings films take to make? Surely these two should take a fraction of the time? The technology has improved (although those films still look pretty impressive) so surely it's just a question of getting the actors in front of the greenscreen?