FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> My Novel is Available for Download
rabiddog6708
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:32 am  Reply with quote

My name is David Brown and my first novel WEB is up on sale on Amazon and on Barnes and Noble. I am trying to get the word out about the novel. The novel was written in 1994 and copyrighted in 1999 when i looked liked it was actually going to get published, but then the publisher decided to cut back on their titles and I just decided recently to publish it as an ebook.

The novel was inspired by Jack Hill's 1964 film Spider Baby, which I'm sure a lot of you know about. The Jill Banner character Virginia liked to play spider and, ofcourse, the movie had Lon Chaney Jr, who used to be the Wolf Man. I saw it for the first time in 1989. This got me to thinking about a woman bitten by a spider and turning into a were-spider, but this sounded a little hokey. The idea set around until 1994 when I came across the Greek Legend of Arachne, who was transformed by Athena into a spider as punishment. Once I got the idea of a spider who could make herself appear human (instead of the other way around), I immediately sat down and wrote the first draft.....back in the good old days on a typewriter (would still be a few years before I got my first PC). Over the next few years, I wrote another two drafts before offering it up to the publishers. As I said, I came close, but got discouraged when the publisher pulled out at the last moment, so I filed it away for years until last month when I dug it out, blew off the dust and decided to try to sell it myself online.

http://www.amazon.com/Web-ebook/dp/B0051CSP3G/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1305850628&sr=1-6

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/web-david-brown/1031408679?ean=2940012924568&itm=10&usri=web