FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Joss Whedon To Direct The Avengers (And Rewrite The Script)
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:00 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 1463

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
frank_dracman wrote:
Like I said, if you break the story of A:R down to the basics, it's not that bad. Cloning, underwater battles, a hybrid alien and a reasonable excuse to bring Ripley back. Personally I think it's better than the story of Alien 3. But remember the ideas they had for Alien 3 originally? The whole medieval look and story? Goddamn, that would have been the tits.

So if you want to blame anyone, Floyd, blame Hollywood suits and executives that have the audacity to believe they know what we want. I'll bring the pitchforks and fire.
I'll bring lemonade and potato salad. And copies of Alien3 to pelt them with.

You keep that damn potato salad away from me. Cold potatoes and mayonnaise? Whoever came up with that should be drawn and quartered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
He destroyed Alien fuck him.


Is there ever a point where you get tired of being wrong?

Whedon is a talent. Whether or not you liked his other work is irrelevant. Other people with far more qualified opinions and better taste than you think his work is great. Him directing The Avengers is a fantastic prospect.


That's the most mature comment in this thread. Once again, I'm not the only one that thinks he'sw overrated. I'm still trying to figure out why you have to have qualifications to post on a message board. I used to be a critic and write for a website too. Big deal.


You're not the only one who thinks he's overrated. You're also not the only homophobe in the world. Doesn't make you any less wrong. It's not a matter of qualified to post on a message board. It's to think you're opinion matters.


You're a joke. If I thought my opinion mattered I wouldn't be wasting it on here. Does Roger Ebert's opinion matter? Not in the least but he's a brilliant writer.

I like Alien 3. The extended cut of course. Fincher is talent.

Besides Whedon killed Wash leaving Zoe a widow for absolutely no good reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Floydian Trip wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
He destroyed Alien fuck him.


Is there ever a point where you get tired of being wrong?

Whedon is a talent. Whether or not you liked his other work is irrelevant. Other people with far more qualified opinions and better taste than you think his work is great. Him directing The Avengers is a fantastic prospect.


That's the most mature comment in this thread. Once again, I'm not the only one that thinks he'sw overrated. I'm still trying to figure out why you have to have qualifications to post on a message board. I used to be a critic and write for a website too. Big deal.


You're not the only one who thinks he's overrated. You're also not the only homophobe in the world. Doesn't make you any less wrong. It's not a matter of qualified to post on a message board. It's to think you're opinion matters.


You're a joke. If I thought my opinion mattered I wouldn't be wasting it on here. Does Roger Ebert's opinion matter? Not in the least but he's a brilliant writer.


Uhm...Not sure if your writing skills are just that bad that you have no concept of context, or you actually compared yourself to Roger Ebert. And you certainly do think your opinion matters because if you were even half aware that it doesn't, you wouldn't bother offering it.

Quote:
I like Alien 3. The extended cut of course. Fincher is talent.


Fincher is a talent...and so is Whedon...Again, far more people with opinions more valid than yours agree.

Quote:
Besides Whedon killed Wash leaving Zoe a widow for absolutely no good reason.


Are you kidding? Who is left a widow for a "good" reason? A writer does things like that so he can earn things later. By killing Wash it showed that no one is safe in that last battle so when everyone winds up living it feels earned. I suppose these things are lost on such a big brain such as yours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:49 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

I suppose Whedon really showed Goerge Lucas up then because if Lucas had the same skills as the amazingly talented Joss Whedon, who can't keep a TV show on the air, he would have killed off Han Solo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Yes, I was, of course, comparing myself to Roger Ebert because I too write for the Chicago Sun-Times. You think you're opinion matters? Your music and little films suck but obviously since you have not only disrespected me today but a musician who passed away much too soon you somehow think you have any kind of talent at all? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:47 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

I'm not going to indulge you anymore DSIC but there are actually talented people on this message board like Richard and Permafrost and they're also great guys. I think you're just pissed off at the world because you're nothing but a talentless hack who thinks he's something special and has a right to go around insulting people at will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5679
Location: Cleveland, OH

Floydian Trip wrote:
I suppose Whedon really showed Goerge Lucas up then because if Lucas had the same skills as the amazingly talented Joss Whedon, who can't keep a TV show on the air, he would have killed off Han Solo.
Can't keep a show on...?

Seven seasons for Buffy, two for Dollhouse and five for Angel. he's only had two shows, that I'm aware of, that didn't get renewed at least once and one of those later got a movie continuation released in the theaters. With just Buffy alone, he's gotten more series renewals than he's had cancellations.

This isn't even a matter of opinion. You're factually wrong in saying this.

And I'd also like to add that your obvious anger at Wash's death and concern for his widow is testament to Joss' skill. He made you care.

Haha! You had feelings.

Gay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:49 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

I really don't care about him. Buffy was targeted at teenage girls and especially Angel so like Twilight of course it was popular. My favorite 2 episodes of Firefly were not written by him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:49 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5679
Location: Cleveland, OH

frank_dracman wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
frank_dracman wrote:
Like I said, if you break the story of A:R down to the basics, it's not that bad. Cloning, underwater battles, a hybrid alien and a reasonable excuse to bring Ripley back. Personally I think it's better than the story of Alien 3. But remember the ideas they had for Alien 3 originally? The whole medieval look and story? Goddamn, that would have been the tits.

So if you want to blame anyone, Floyd, blame Hollywood suits and executives that have the audacity to believe they know what we want. I'll bring the pitchforks and fire.
I'll bring lemonade and potato salad. And copies of Alien3 to pelt them with.

You keep that damn potato salad away from me. Cold potatoes and mayonnaise? Whoever came up with that should be drawn and quartered.
Dude! I use more mustard than mayo. Whatd'ya, think I'm a savage over here?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:53 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5679
Location: Cleveland, OH

Floydian Trip wrote:
I really don't care about him. Buffy was targeted at teenage girls and especially Angel so like Twilight of course it was popular. My favorite 2 episodes of Firefly were not written by him.
Again, you're factually incorrect. Buffy wasn't targeted at teenage girls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:56 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
I really don't care about him. Buffy was targeted at teenage girls and especially Angel so like Twilight of course it was popular. My favorite 2 episodes of Firefly were not written by him.
Again, you're factually incorrect. Buffy wasn't targeted at teenage girls.


It sure seemed like it when I watched it. That show didn't appeal to me in any way and I love monsters, love.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:01 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

My 2 favorite Firefly episodes.....

#1 War Stories
written by Cheryl Cain
Directed by James Contner

#2 Out Of Gas
written by Tim Minear
directed by David Solomon

I will add my 3rd favorite episode because it was written and directed by Joss

#3 Objects In Space

I don't hate Joss I just think he's overrated like alot of people do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:52 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Floydian Trip wrote:
I suppose Whedon really showed Goerge Lucas up then because if Lucas had the same skills as the amazingly talented Joss Whedon, who can't keep a TV show on the air, he would have killed off Han Solo.


So Whedon lacks talent because he can't keep a TV show on the air? Are you really that dense? What am I asking? Of course you are. Because that surely marks the talent of a person...Whether or not people tune in to the show. So I guess that means that Judd Apatow has no talent since the shows he was involved with failed. Of course failure is must be objective here because the show you ignorantly called "90210 with vampires" was on for 7 seasons. The spin-off was on for 5, and while I love Firefly, it was only on for half of a season. Dollhouse was Whedon too, but not something he had a passion for like his earlier shows. And it showed.

And he should have killed off Han Solo if all he was going to do was leave the shell of the man that appeared in Jedi. Even Harrison Ford wanted his character to die. Lucas is a moron when it comes to storytelling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:54 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Floydian Trip wrote:
I'm not going to indulge you anymore DSIC but there are actually talented people on this message board like Richard and Permafrost and they're also great guys. I think you're just pissed off at the world because you're nothing but a talentless hack who thinks he's something special and has a right to go around insulting people at will.


Talentless hack? At what? Do you know what a "hack" is? Judging from your context, I would say most emphatically, you don't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:55 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Floydian Trip wrote:
I really don't care about him. Buffy was targeted at teenage girls and especially Angel so like Twilight of course it was popular. My favorite 2 episodes of Firefly were not written by him.


And again, you're wrong. The show wasn't targeted towards teenage girls. It was most popular with adults. These are facts that can actually be looked up. How about you try to inform yourself before you post your inane, and incredibly ignorant shit?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Out of Genre Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum