FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> LOST : Season 3 Discussion
Tobe Romero
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:10 pm  Reply with quote

My predictions are sometimes close but are always off, so here are some more "predictions".

Charlie is supposed to die in the finale. He doesn't drown or get shot ... someone blows up "The Looking Glass".

Mr Friendly/Tom and his gay lover Pryce both are killed: shot or blown up.

Walt comes back to heal Locke (somebody has to heal him ... who else could it be?).

There is some big connection between Jacob and either the Island smoke monster, "Cerberus" (the one that doesn't leave the ground not the one in the air seen when the plane tore apart ... there are 2 smoke monsters) or with the mutated animals on the island (like the talking bird which also said "Save me" or "Help me" just like Jacob did or one of the polar bears OR VINCENT.

My prediction on what the game changer is ...

Desmond said if Charlie sacrificed himself and pressed the yellow button Claire and Aaron would leave the island by helicopter. Charlie does die but it doesn't lead to Claire's rescue. The episode is officially labeled as "Jack-centric". I predict the show ends not with a Jack flashback but with a Jack flashforward. He makes it off the island (in a boat?) with a chick, either Juliet or Kate. We will then be in the future and learn why there are only 48 days (ie 3X16 episodes) left for the island ... and Jack has to go back when he learns that OR learns that Claire is his sister OR both.

Anyone else with some predictions?
reno
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:22 pm  Reply with quote

i bet locke wont be in the episode...charlie will drown... the losties will be able to call... and we will see the rescue boat coming to the island... then it will end
Tobe Romero
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:40 pm  Reply with quote

reno wrote:
i bet locke wont be in the episode...

quite possible. I bet they show how he can be healed though.

Quote:
charlie will drown...

Only one I disagree with. He made it down there, so he could press the yellow button and swim back if the 2 chicks didn't have guns on him. Every other recently important hatch (or sub) has been blown up. I look for the Others to blow it up. Not sure what Desmond will be doing in all this though.

Quote:
the losties will be able to call...

Quite possible BUT call whom? I don't think it is someone that is rescuing everyone. It's either Penny/Widmore Corp and/or Dharma

Quote:
and we will see the rescue boat coming to the island... then it will end

I think a boat rescues Jack and someone else because it is a Jack centric episode. We find out Jack makes it "home" and then it ends.
reno
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:53 am  Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
and we will see the rescue boat coming to the island... then it will end

I think a boat rescues Jack and someone else because it is a Jack centric episode. We find out Jack makes it "home" and then it ends.

yeah, i think you may be right on that one.
the more i think about it, the more it makes sense for the show to start exploring the parallel between the outside world and the island.
Kaisersoze
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:37 am  Reply with quote

Bring. It. On.

Finally caught up with Lost yesterday, and will be front and centre for the finale come Thurs evening (my time).

I like your idea Tobe about there being a flash forward to a survivor, thereby explaining why there's exactly 3x16 eps left, but I hope they don't run with that. Doing so will take out any concerns for that character's survival, and reduce the tension whenever they run into some life-threatening situation.

Plus, I'm waiting for the many promised character deaths I read about a while ago.

I suspect Bernard is a definite goner. Thus killing off the last surviving member of the tail section of the plane (among the Losties anyway).

Btw, VERY happy we got some idea of how the others are in relation to the Dharma Initative. That was one thing I'd been crying out to know since the start of the season.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:44 am  Reply with quote

So Dannielle's first words to her daughter are "Will you help me tie him up." Ahh, nothing like some good old fashioned mother daughter bondage...err, bonding....
RingoJ
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:17 am  Reply with quote

Pretty much a waste of time.

Flame On, Bitches.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:38 am  Reply with quote

Read about the flash forward spoiler a few days back, wasn't sure if it was gonna be true or not, obviously it was. Definately something that's gonna be a love or hate it thing. Some people are gonna be biting there nails waiting for next season to start and others are just gonna be completely turned off....but I guess since they're already signed for the remainder of the series and don't have to worry about getting picked up or not it doesn't matter to much to the writers. I myself am among the ones who can't wait to see where this goes.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:47 am  Reply with quote

That was amazing...Waste of time? Why?
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:01 am  Reply with quote

I thought it was the best episode since the pilot. I really can't comprehend how any fan of the show could not like it or think it wasn't one of the stronger episodes at least.
-Why was Jack talking like his father was still alive and head of the hospital in the flash-forward?
-Are episodes going to be flash-forwards from now on?
-Sayid killing someone with his legs was fantastic, as was Locke's knife throw.
-Who is at the boat? Dharma?
-Who was in the coffin? My assumption would be Ben because the coffin was smaller, I doubt anyone would go to his funeral, and Kate's reaction to Jack asking why she didn't go.
-Walt?!
There's so much more. I need to rewatch this. This long wait for season 4 is depressing.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:04 am  Reply with quote

PowerLeech wrote:

-Why was Jack talking like his father was still alive and head of the hospital in the flash-forward?

A. to try and keep people thinking that it was a flash back and B. Jack was just really messed up on oxy and booze, I don't think anyone argued with him because they figured it better to just humor him.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:13 am  Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure everything from now on is going to be a flash forward...Which is cool, but risky as fuck at the same time....Personally, I love the writers of Lost for not only getting Lost back on track, but bringing back to it's original, awesome glory...It really shines an even brighter light on what a mess Heroes was.

And I have another question...Why the fuck won't that Russian dude die?

RIP Charlie...Sorry to see you go.

(BUT why didn't he swim through the hole...He would have fit)
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:16 am  Reply with quote

I guess he figures for Claire and everyone to get rescued he has to fulfill Desmond's vision.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:09 am  Reply with quote

Out. Fucking. Standing.

This episode has cemented LOST as one of the five greatest shows of all time. Fuck HEROES and its plagiarized, half-assed attempts at story momentum. LOST is continually breaking new ground and giving us some of the best storytelling the genre has ever seen. It leaves all the other pretenders in the dust.

Wow. I'm still processing all of this. They knocked it out of the park with this one.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:33 am  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I'm pretty sure everything from now on is going to be a flash forward...Which is cool, but risky as fuck at the same time...

I'll go you one further. Since the ep actually ended on the flashforward (which, judging from Jack's RAZR phone, is right NOW) what if the flashforward and Jack's search for the island actually becomes the "A" story? It'd be damned interesting to see the characters as they are NOW off the island and then flash back to what happened during their last moments there as well as flashback to how all their lives have crumbled since they returned home while in the present day seeing them all realize that have to return. If it was truly their destiny to be on the island, then by leaving early, wouldn't they then be "lost" back in the real world? It would keep with the theme of the show, having them all desperately trying to find their way back.

And...did anyone get left behind after the rescue? If so, what happened to them in the intervening three years? Did anyone go native?

There are a ton of story possibilities with that. Yes, it's risky, but this writing staff has proven itself up to the task.