FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> 100 Worst Movies of the 20th Century
EvilRex
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:34 pm  Reply with quote

Come now, people.

Even though you may be big fans of franchise horror like F13 and the such, they are still not good movies. You may have fun watching them, but when it comes to the actual craft of filmmaking these are, by far, not masterpieces in any definition of the term.

There are many movies on that list I love and enjoy, but I know they aren't quality films when we're discussing the craft of filmmaking.
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:41 pm  Reply with quote

EvilRex wrote:
Come now, people.

Even though you may be big fans of franchise horror like F13 and the such, they are still not good movies. You may have fun watching them, but when it comes to the actual craft of filmmaking these are, by far, not masterpieces in any definition of the term.

There are many movies on that list I love and enjoy, but I know they aren't quality films when we're discussing the craft of filmmaking.

There's still probably a couple thousand movies worse than the worst F13th movie. There's probably 100 worse movies than Exorcist 3 in 1990 alone.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:19 pm  Reply with quote

PowerLeech wrote:
EvilRex wrote:
Come now, people.

There's still probably a couple thousand movies worse than the worst F13th movie. There's probably 100 worse movies than Exorcist 3 in 1990 alone.

Of course there are! Walk any aisle of any movie rental shop and you'll see. I think, though, we're dealing with a list of films with what we may consider a "wide" distribution or films with some sort of noteriety to them. We can list thousands of DTV and mad-for-tv films, shit Lifetime movies would deserve their own 100 worst list.