FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Buy Deadly Premonition!
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:52 pm  Reply with quote

I just finished it. Took around 22 hours and honestly I'm wanting to go through it again on a harder difficulty. There's so much to do and see, and I skipped a lot of side missions and sightseeing because I wanted to know how it all ends. Without giving away anything, I'll just say it wraps up nicely. Everything is explained one way or the other, and I got to say, I was a little sad at what happened to some of the characters I have come to know. Yes, as goofy and bizarre the whole thing is, I got emotionally attached to the residents of Greenvale.

Just a tip for those planning on playing-
You can revisit the "dungeons" in the game after you clear them the first time. While this doesn't sound too exciting, it's well worth the effort. All the puzzles are solved, the doors stay unlocked, it's a good way to find ammo and health, and best of all, at the end you'll find special items like guns with infinite ammo or melee weapons that don't break. Little details like this make it worth exploring and taking your time.

I for one will never hear Amazing Grace the same again. Creepy....
arandomthought
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 pm  Reply with quote

sounds amazing!

What are the creature designs like?
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:27 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Every single person in this thread (except for MethRattle) is completely out of their mind. It's as simple as that. I fear for the future of gaming that -anyone- actually thinks this is entertaining in any way.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:29 am  Reply with quote

Mr. Dark wrote:
Every single person in this thread (except for MethRattle) is completely out of their mind. It's as simple as that. I fear for the future of gaming that -anyone- actually thinks this is entertaining in any way.

It's okay, Mr. Dark, there's no need to hold back on your opinion. Tell us how you really feel.

Great review, btw.

Mr. Green
arandomthought
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:15 pm  Reply with quote

well, I'm looking for a quirky survival horror...Still trying to find clocktower vampires... I'm just kind of done with silent hill and re for now.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:51 pm  Reply with quote

I loaned this to a buddy while I play God of War III and he beat it on medium and is ranked 18th in the world at the moment. Now he's going to beat it on easy and hard to get all the achievements.
Jordan_Atombomb
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:22 am  Reply with quote

I think this is a game for people who still appreciate the Dreamcast- because this is what Resident Evil 4 would have looked like if it were developed for the DC and scripted by the people who did the translation for all of the House of the Dead games.