FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Radio 666 -> Rob Zombie- Hellbilly Deluxe 2
vorodex999
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:29 am  Reply with quote

OK before the bashing starts i gotta say. The new album is actually pretty good. I'd say its his best album since the first Hellbilly deluxe. I enjoyed everytrack. The track-WHAT- being my favorite. Infact its his best track ever. Its a fun album. heres a review of each track

1. Frankenstein Jesus- 4 out of 5- Very similar to the later tracks of his first Album Hellbilly Deluxe. You know the tracks after Meet the Creeper which all seemed darker and creeper than the radio friendly first part this is up there with that.

2. Sick Bubble Gum- 3 out of 5- A track straight from the album The Sinister Urge-its fast and doesn't stop.

3. What- 5 out of 5- Best track. Fun and to be honest its his most unique track as it doesn't sound really like anything else he has done.

4. Mars Needs Women- 3 out of 5- Um, its pretty good but more of a slow burn song.

5. Werewolf Baby- 4 out of 5- Likable and easy to sing with.

6. Virgina WItch- 2 out of 5- Atmospheric but..I don't know my least favorite tarck

7. Dream Factory- 2.5 out of 5- SLightly better than Virgina Witch

8. Burn- 3.5 out of 5- Not a bad track and probably his most radio friendly track fro the album

9. Cease To Exist- 5 out of 5- Atmospheric and to be honest the most Alice Cooperish song I have heard him make. I'm talking Welcome To My Nightmare Alice Cooper.

10. Werewolf WOmen of the S.S.- 3.5 out of 5- Fun track that I'm pretty much sure everyone gets the drift of.

11. The Man Who Laughs- 4 out of 5- I admit I hated this track at first but it has grown on me big time. Its a song that changes up tempo quite a bit. But for a closer song it works.

I know many people dont care for Rob Zombie but I still give the guys chances. Ive only meet him once and he's likable I'm sure if he stepped away from making remakes he q\would be well loved again in the horror community. We all want a T.Rex film and I'll even take a chance with The Blob but as it stands his music is still good he might go off and make some abums that sem like all filler but at least he offers enough horror themed goodness out musically.
The Butcher
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:47 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

First off, rad post the way you broke the album down song by song.

Now it's time for the jaded old school metal musician in me to come out.

Horror themed music is only good if the MUSIC is good.

His isn't. It's glommed together and a bit hackneyed. Nothing organic about it in the least.

But if it makes people happy (as does Nickelback) so be it. Entertainment is where you find it. But this is McDonald's music. Then again sdometimes I reallllly enjoy a gross old Big Mac, so...
resevil80
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:37 pm  Reply with quote

Listening to it right now and I like it.....And I know what Butcher is saying...but I always thought his music was just fun to listen too...Nothing special about it, just good fun stuff....
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:09 pm  Reply with quote

I've read some reviews and it sounds good. Nothing like Educated Horses which is a good thing.
The Butcher
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:22 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Hey if you enjoy it then it's doing it's job, which is allll good.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:24 pm  Reply with quote

I wouldn't want the ultra-biased Dread Central to review it.
resevil80
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:07 pm  Reply with quote

Educated Horses was Terrible....
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:12 pm  Reply with quote

resevil80 wrote:
Educated Horses was Terrible....

It was sterilized Rob Zombie. He took out everything that makes his music his. It was straight-up rock music. Had it come from some unknown artist it would have been recieved better but as a Rob Zombie album it definitely was terrible.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 pm  Reply with quote

I was thinking Rob had just lost it musically after Educated Horses. This though is a true return to form. Not as great as the first but that one is a classic. This is damn good. I'm halfway through and so far Mars Needs Women is my favorite track. I love the guitar in the beginning of the song and then it settles into a great beat. The first track was a great opener to the album and made the statement of Rob Zombie is back.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:29 pm  Reply with quote

Nice rip on Hollywood in Death and Destiny in the Dream Factory.

The booklet has some totally kick ass horror-lovin art in it. Some seriously tattoo worthy shit.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:51 pm  Reply with quote

I like it. And will be bordering on loving it the more I listen to it. It's so Rob Zombie. The final track The Man Who Laughs ends the album with the sounds of an orchestra warming up. Very cool.

The only complaint I have about it is that since it was in the incubation period for so long he should have made even more songs. With the time he had and the band sounding like they were firing on all cylinders this should have been an epic album and a big FU to all you Rob Zombie haters. Dread Central included.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:15 pm  Reply with quote

John 5's awesome riffage is all over this album.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 pm  Reply with quote

The only thing missing for me. I wish I were stoned. It'd be that much cooler.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:05 am  Reply with quote

Didn't mention on The Man Who Laughs which pushes 10 minutes, won't be hearing that on the radio, but towards the end before the orchestra there's about a 2 minute drum solo which rocks pretty good.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:49 pm  Reply with quote

Listening to it currently, and it's just ok.