FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Batman Vs. Superman ?
Limpfreak
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:42 am  Reply with quote

I was looking over at www.superherohype.com and saw the following :

Quote:
Singer Interested in Batman vs. Superman?
Source: MTV July 6, 2006

Superman Returns director Bryan Singer told MTV that he would consider directing a Batman vs. Superman movie, but only after the Man of Steel establishes his identity more thoroughly.

"I've thought about it for a long time — even a longer time ago, actually," the director revealed. "But I don't know who would be the villain. I guess Batman would be the villain, but then he can't be too bad, because he is Batman. So not quite yet. ... I think Superman needs to have his own movies for a little while before that happens." Either way, Singer insisted that "everybody's excited to do more ... and I'm sure we'll do another one."

I also found this at www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1535663/story.jhtml :

Quote:
Director Bryan Singer mulls a superhero showdown

Now that Superman has returned, what menace will he battle next? That's the big question in Hollywood this week, and since Brandon Routh was discovered in casting sessions for a once-planned "Batman vs. Superman" flick, rumors of the blockbuster smackdown have been resurrected. "I was at a party recently; Hugh Jackman had a benefit at his house," "Superman Returns" director Bryan Singer said. "I went there, and Christian Bale was there, and I suddenly felt like Brandon should be there too. I had all these superheroes around me." Routh added that while he enjoyed sparring verbally with "Batman" star Bale recently at the MTV Movie Awards, he'd prefer to see the two heroes work together. "I don't think we should go toe-to-toe, unless one of us is deranged somehow by some mind-altering drug," he laughed. "We shouldn't be fighting each other; we should be combining forces." Singer said he'd consider directing a "Batman vs. Superman" flick, but only after the Man of Steel establishes his identity a bit more thoroughly. "I've thought about it for a long time — even a longer time ago, actually," the director revealed. "But I don't know who would be the villain. I guess Batman would be the villain, but then he can't be too bad, because he is Batman. So not quite yet. ... I think Superman needs to have his own movies for a little while before that happens." Either way, Singer insisted that "everybody's excited to do more ... and I'm sure we'll do another one." And Routh had this word of warning for Bale: "I don't think Batman really, really wants to go and mess with Superman." ...

So what is everybody thoughts and opinions on this if it was actually to be made into a movie?

My opinion is that they should forget the Batman Vs. Superman movie idea and make a Worlds Finest movie instead.

http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?member=Limpfreak&list=owned
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:17 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Let me think for a moment.

Alien, who has lazer eyes, super strenght, super speed, and can fly.

Vs

A rich dude who knows kung fu, has gadgets, and a cool butler.

Yeah can't wait to see that 12 second movie.
RingoJ
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:42 am  Reply with quote

I think you're selling Batman short.
Walter Paisley
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:52 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, the only way I wanna see an actual Bats vs. Supes grudgematch is if it's in the context of a DARK KNIGHT RETURNS movie.

like Limp said, a "WORLDS FINEST TEAM" type angle would be much more entertaining to me. Byrne and Miller already did the antagonsim angle, and it was neat for awhile, but I'm pretty bored with the concept now.
Finnegan
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:27 am  Reply with quote

If anyone can speculate on anything about this movie, it is that there is one golden rule: BATMAN ALWAYS WINS.
conundrum
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:00 pm  Reply with quote

You know, it does seem extremely lop-sided, but Finnegan is right. Batman has a surprisingly good track record in the comics. I can only remember one win, but in a human vs. Superman battle even one win is a great record to have!

Batman is kind of like Luthor, he keeps some kryptonite around, just in case.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:31 pm  Reply with quote

Batman/Lex Luthor Team-up is not all that unusual. They did a really fine job with it in the "Kingdom Come" series.

The idea is that between them is a mutual apprehension towards superhuman superiority in the enforcement of law and order. Usually their connection occurs when every once in a while, Superman (or some other superhuman) "crosses the line". That's why Batman always seems to have some sort kryptonite around and, most recently, created the Brother Eye/OMAC project. Batman uses Luthor to his advantage and knowing Luthor's inevitable backstabbing, often turns the tables on the villian before he has the chance.

Batman's goal is never to "defeat" Superman, it's to be able to always remind the Man of Steel that his actions occasionally seem a hair away from some form of Fascist Superhuman Rule and he will always step up to take him down no matter how "close" of friends and allies they may be.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:32 pm  Reply with quote

Batman/Superman movie would be cool.

There would be an awesome hype-up to the event with two camps forming:

Batman people

Superman people

It could lead to some interesting things.
The Buz
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:10 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Id love to see a Justice League movie.

Now that'd be fucking awesome.
Walter Paisley
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:49 am  Reply with quote

All the way Hombre, bring on fuckin' Darkseid.
Red VonMunster
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:22 pm  Reply with quote

Atomic_Ilk wrote:
Let me think for a moment.

Alien, who has lazer eyes, super strenght, super speed, and can fly.

Vs

A rich dude who knows kung fu, has gadgets, and a cool butler.

Yeah can't wait to see that 12 second movie.

Actually Batman beat Supermans ass in a novels.
Marduk
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:27 pm  Reply with quote

Superman vs Batman : Who ever wins, we all lose!
Screamz
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:50 pm  Reply with quote

I can understand why Batman would fight Superman at first, but it would be a quick fight that would end with them teaming up, so I don't really see an entire movie around it. Granted, I've not read the comics, so I might just be talking out of my ass here, but I just can't see why they would be mortal enemies.

I guess if they each had their own ideas of what truth, justice and all that other stuff should be, but I'd rather see them team up against Darksied or Brainiac or something... Cool