FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> popular actors that I have come to dislike
MethRattle
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:50 am  Reply with quote

Christian Bale strikes me as being kinda similar to Clint Eastwood in that he is a great actor in VERY SPECIFIC roles. Part of Clint's legendary success is his excellent role choices. Christian sometimes seems to think he can play any part (which is a mistake most actors make). But when he's in the right role, he's fantastic.

Adam Samberg totally rocked "Hot Rod".

Katherine Heigl I find to be not at all hot or particularly attractive. She reminds me of Britney Spears, who is someone else whose masive appeal I will never understand. Boring face, boring voice and boring personality on both of them.
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:51 am  Reply with quote

Morgan Elektra wrote:
I'm with you Emy. I think Channing Tatum has potential. His particular look (that very square jawed, blue eyed, well built thing) has gotten him playing similar roles over and over again, which is annoying but I think there's more to him than what he's gotten a chance to show.

I could do without Tatum for a good while. The man plays similar characters over and over. How many times has he played a soldier already? I don't see any potential.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:53 am  Reply with quote

Emy wrote:
Heigl is not a good actress, her looks have gotten some parts, but she's such an ingrateful bitch that hopefully, studio people will stop giving her roles after she's pissed them all off.

I don't think she's a bitch, I just think she's too opinionated for her own good. I just don't understand her appeal or why she's granted so many major roles. She's a female Channing Tatum.

Emy wrote:
As for Terminal's on going list, so far I agree with most of them. Being the cheesy movie lover that I am, I can stand to see more of Channing Tatum, either in dance or drama movies (so you guys don't have to "suffer" him in movies you seem more interested in). I'm not saying he's a great actor or anything, but he seems to be getting better and he has kept his good looks... (yeah, I can be shallow too).

He's all good looks and no discernible talent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:52 am  Reply with quote

Ben Stiller

Owen Wilson

Jason Lee

Miley Cyrus

Kristin Stewart - Basically because she's suffering the same fate as Leo DiCaprio. She's become a Tiger Beat teen idol and I don't see how her career will recover. She had so much potential. Now she's as over exposed as Ben Affleck.

Jessica Alba

Megan Fox
Emy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:24 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Emy wrote:
Heigl is not a good actress, her looks have gotten some parts, but she's such an ingrateful bitch that hopefully, studio people will stop giving her roles after she's pissed them all off.

I don't think she's a bitch, I just think she's too opinionated for her own good. I just don't understand her appeal or why she's granted so many major roles. She's a female Channing Tatum.

Emy wrote:
As for Terminal's on going list, so far I agree with most of them. Being the cheesy movie lover that I am, I can stand to see more of Channing Tatum, either in dance or drama movies (so you guys don't have to "suffer" him in movies you seem more interested in). I'm not saying he's a great actor or anything, but he seems to be getting better and he has kept his good looks... (yeah, I can be shallow too).

He's all good looks and no discernible talent.

For Heigl, there is a big difference between being opiniated and being ungrateful. She spit on her nomination for an Emmy for Grey's and stated multiple time her dislike for Knocked Up. Both parts she should have passed on if they were as terrible as she said.

For Tatum, have you seen A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints? That's where I first saw potential for him.
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:35 pm  Reply with quote

Emy wrote:
For Heigl, there is a big difference between being opiniated and being ungrateful. She spit on her nomination for an Emmy for Grey's and stated multiple time her dislike for Knocked Up. Both parts she should have passed on if they were as terrible as she said.

Well I agree she was ungrateful for Grey's, and you have a point about Knocked Up. I still insist she's just too opinionated. I mean Knocked Up wasn't sexist just because it didn't fetishize or worship women.

Quote:
For Tatum, have you seen A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints? That's where I first saw potential for him.

I'll admit that was a good performance but that's pretty much one out of a dozen.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:49 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

Terminal wrote:
Ben Stiller

Owen Wilson

Jason Lee

Miley Cyrus

Kristin Stewart - Basically because she's suffering the same fate as Leo DiCaprio. She's become a Tiger Beat teen idol and I don't see how her career will recover. She had so much potential. Now she's as over exposed as Ben Affleck.

Jessica Alba

Megan Fox

I agree with most of this list. Except for Jason Lee. I still love My Name is Earl, and I grew up on Mallrats. The guy's got good will for days when it comes to my book. I just wish he'd start picking better film roles.
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:53 pm  Reply with quote

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Ben Stiller

Owen Wilson

Jason Lee

Miley Cyrus

Jessica Alba

Megan Fox

I agree with most of this list. Except for Jason Lee. I still love My Name is Earl, and I grew up on Mallrats. The guy's got good will for days when it comes to my book. I just wish he'd start picking better film roles.

Jason Lee has no more good will with me. He's been in one sucky role after sucky role and really has nothing left to offer. And I'm admittedly biased being one of the people who absolutely loathes anything Kevin Smith puts out there.
X-Count
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:08 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Ben Stiller

Owen Wilson

Jason Lee

Miley Cyrus

Jessica Alba

Megan Fox

I agree with Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, and Miley Cyrus and I'd also add Vince Vaughn to the list as well as Jennifer Aniston.
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:51 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I'll second the Jennifer Aniston nom. Speaking of actors who play the same roles time after time after fucking time. I've been bored with her for years.

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:18 pm  Reply with quote

Morgan Elektra wrote:
I'll second the Jennifer Aniston nom. Speaking of actors who play the same roles time after time after fucking time. I've been bored with her for years.

I agree with that. It's no surprise her career has been pretty flat. She plays Rachel every time but in slightly different tones. She's like vanilla, basically forgettable and bland.
MethRattle
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:54 pm  Reply with quote

Aniston needs to do either an action cop movie, a moody lesbian drama or a slasher film.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:59 pm  Reply with quote

MethRattle wrote:
Aniston needs to do either an action cop movie, a moody lesbian drama or a slasher film.

OH! How about a movie with an evil leprechaun?
She was in one of the funniest movies in the last 10 (well, 11 now) years so she's always got that. But yeah, I wish she'd up and leave. Remember Derailed? Ugh. Would love to see her titties, though.
MethRattle
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:16 am  Reply with quote

frank_dracman wrote:
Would love to see her titties, though.

"The Good Girl" (2002). Though, frankly, it's more interesting seeing Zooey Deschanel at the start of her career than Aniston's brief nudity.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:20 am  Reply with quote

MethRattle wrote:
frank_dracman wrote:
Would love to see her titties, though.

"The Good Girl" (2002). Though, frankly, it's more interesting seeing Zooey Deschanel at the start of her career than Aniston's brief nudity.

Are you sure it's authentic? No body double? I'd hate to waste five minutes fast forwarding a movie for a body double.