FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Res Evil Uncut Directors cut.
resevil80
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:12 pm  Reply with quote

Resident Evil 2 is my favorite game of all time...So if you like the first you will love the second.

RE5 might not have been a traditional RE game, but it filled in alot of plot holes and finally laid to rest alot of shit. Can't wait for the Downloadable Mission coming up for it..
arandomthought
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:24 am  Reply with quote

Cool. I'll wait till I play all the earlier RE before I move onto 5.
MethRattle
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:36 am  Reply with quote

Resident Evil 2 is my favorite videogame of all time as well, to this day. Even though I have the game memorized, I still love playing through it.
resevil80
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:44 pm  Reply with quote

After Reading this thread yesterday, I started playing through Claire's A scenario last night....Taking my time...I think I will work my way all the way up to 5......I might even play Survivor again...
arandomthought
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:13 pm  Reply with quote

I'm trying to get survivor. I already have gun survivor 2 biohazard for ps2. The lightgun game for code veronica.
MethRattle
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:29 pm  Reply with quote

I got "Resident Evil Survivor" back in my 'buy anything with the name Resident Evil' phase (still kicking myself for not buying that Game.Com game, though). The game itself is quite a chore. Not a very faithful Resident Evil game, but it's closer than RE5. It does have its moments, though.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:26 am  Reply with quote

I want it because it's a shooting game...
MethRattle
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:49 am  Reply with quote

It certainly is that.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 pm  Reply with quote

What's wrogn with it that no one likes it though?
MethRattle
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:03 pm  Reply with quote

arandomthought wrote:
What's wrogn with it that no one likes it though?

I think it's a general lack of quality control. The shooting isn't precise, the controls are sometimes an issue, the graphics are ugly and cheap making aiming a chore (can't tell the enemy apart from the background), it doesn't have much to do with the Resident Evil story proper, and it's just not that much fun. I think it has a couple of good moments, but not good enough to warrant playing the game.
resevil80
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:04 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah.....The Shooting part of the game is terrible....and since you have to use the ps1 controller....its just dumb...But I did like the story...its was interesting enough.....at least for the huge fanboy that I am.

Dead Aim was ok....never got to play the CV Survivor, Is it any good?
arandomthought
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 pm  Reply with quote

no idea yet, haven't gotten to it. I remember playing it once in an arcade and having an absolute blast, but haven't touched the console port yet.
Karloff
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:30 pm  Reply with quote

I loved what Capcom did with the original RE on the Gamecube. The follow up RE 0 wasn't too shabby, either. RE 2 is generally regarded amongst fans as the best of the series, though, and I'd fall in with that opinion. Be nice if that game could be revamped with the new controller system - those dodgy camera angles just don't work anymore now that the series has moved on.

Speaking of moving on, I think that the advances made in RE 4 (again, another superior Gamecube game) were totally necessary to the survival of the series. I might be one of the few lone voices in the wilderness in saying that I thoroughly enjoyed RE 5 as an RE experience. Transferring the setting to the blinding sun of Africa worked incredibly well for me. And, maybe I'm just a big Jessie, but the zombies* still scared me, especially those bloody big dogs.

* The developing story has long ago revealed that all the zombies are the result of exposure to a virus, so I think if we discredit the zombies of RE 5 then we have to do the same for the whole series.