FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Radio 666 -> Almost Famous
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:14 pm  Reply with quote

After Live at Pompeii and The Wall this movie is right there as far as rock movies go. Everything about it is phenominal. Such a perfect script and cast. Kate Hudson as Penny Lane lights up the screen. Every character in the movie is extremely likeable down to the Mom. The soundtrack just kills pretty much any other I can think of. One of my favorite scenes is when everyone is on the bus in a somber mood and Tiny Dancer is playing and one by one they all start singing along. When this movie came out they also released a Stillwater CD and I picked it up and it was some damn good music. This is all around a great feel good movie.
BadAsh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:07 am  Reply with quote

I have the stillwater cd.

FEVA DOAWGGG

I like Rock Star. Steel Dragon rules....I wish they released a CD

WE ARE THE. WASTED. GEN-ER-A-TION.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:35 pm  Reply with quote

Fever Dog is a great f'n song.

I've never seen Rock Star even though I like Marky Mark quite a bit. Just never got around to it.

Cameron Crowe and Nancy Wilson wrote some incredible music for this movie. It's also funny they taught these guys how to be rock stars and play music in about 2 months but of course when Peter Frampton is your guitar teacher I'd expect it'd be much easier.

I heart me some Heart.

This movie reminds me alot of myself in ways. Particularly the older sister turning him on to music. I have 3 older sisters who were all teenagers in the 70's and most of the music I listen to today is because of them.

A couple of coincidences. I hadn't been thinking about this movie at all and just happened to have been listening to Rumours alot lately which is such a classic album(Gold Dust Woman is one of my favorite rock songs) and turned out so perfectly even though pretty much every member of Fleetwood Mac was going through very difficult times. Anyway the disc has Camerons articles that he wrote for Rolling Stone and he covered Rumours.

Also Elton John keeps coming up. First in Alice in Chains and now 2 great songs, like the aforementioned Tiny Dancer scene, in this movie so I must start listening to Captain Fantastic.