FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Radio 666 -> Collective Soul - White Rabbit
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:17 pm  Reply with quote

Out of 16,781 members at least 1 has to have picked up the latest Collective Soul album and can tell me how it is.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:55 am  Reply with quote

Guess not so I picked it up myself. This is a self-titled album which I am dubbing White Rabbit.

I don't listen to any kind of uplifting music very often. I prefer the intospective stuff generally and I think if 99% of the worlds population got really introspective it'd be some pretty dark and depressing stuff unless you're a ditzy blonde chick.

Collective Soul isn't a great band by any stretch but I think they're the most consistently good band making music these days. I have all their albums and can listen to any one of then at any given moment and enjoy it. They're especially good for listening to while on the road.

Anyway, I just love the distorted guitar and vocals. The vocals are great. They are just really solid but every once in awhile put out a great song. I don't even know if these guys are popular or not or who listens to them I've never run across anyone else who is into them. Definitely worth a download to those who've never heard them before. Definitely lighter than my typical musical selections.