FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Supernatural: Season 5
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:33 pm  Reply with quote

The beginning of the episode really redefines the old adage "Love bites!"

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rob
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:22 pm  Reply with quote

Thursday's episode was quite fun. Great to see Mark Pellegrino back, and the ending with Pestilence was nasty. I have a feeling his episode is going to find some fucked up way to outdo Famine's episode. Can't wait.
Sirand
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:19 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

This series just hit new heights of incredible!

I'm on edge for the finale...
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:52 am  Reply with quote

This show is so damned good! One of the more addicting shows I've watched. I'm only disappointed I didn't tune in sooner. Surprisingly enough, Ackles deep voice no longer bothers me!
Rob
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:43 am  Reply with quote

Just want to say Julian Richings was fucking awesome as Death. That is all.
Terminal
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:20 pm  Reply with quote

This is the best fucking show on television. Period.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:03 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:

I have to concur. There's really not a single complaint I have for the show. The writing and direction is just that damn perfect!
Terminal
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:04 pm  Reply with quote

LSD Zombie wrote:
Terminal wrote:

I have to concur. There's really not a single complaint I have for the show. The writing and direction is just that damn perfect!

And the meeting between Death and Dean was incredible. No snappy banter, no clever nods, just a pissed off old man and a hunter eating pizza and making a deal.

Goddamn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 pm  Reply with quote

Loved the choice of songs for the final episode. Is this truly the end of Supernatural though considering Sam makes an appearance at the end?
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:31 pm  Reply with quote

I heard it's coming back for another season.

So.... was the prophet that wrote the story god?!!

WOW!!!!

I honestly never saw that coming!!!

The stand down between Michael and Lucifer? Brilliant!
Cas exploding? Brilliant!
The face off against Lucifer in the mirror? Brilliant!

This show? Brilliant!
David
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:59 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:

Chuck the prophet was waiting for a call from Magda, so I'd say he was Jesus…!

The Sam/Satan through the mirror face off was handled very well, and I loved this episode a lot. Especially Dean cruising down to the cemetery and when he told Sammy he'd never leave him as he was taking that beat down. It's pretty obvious the episode was meant to be the series finale before it got picked up for another season. Would Bobby and Cas have been resurrected if it wasn't coming back? I don't think so.

It would have served the series well if it was actually the finale for the show. I don't see where they go from here after they've fought Satan and the Apocalypse. Maybe that's why Kripke left?
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:01 pm  Reply with quote

David wrote:
Terminal wrote:

Chuck the prophet was waiting for a call from Magda, so I'd say he was Jesus…!

The Sam/Satan through the mirror face off was handled very well, and I loved this episode a lot. Especially Dean cruising down to the cemetery and when he told Sammy he'd never leave him as he was taking that beat down. It's pretty obvious the episode was meant to be the series finale before it got picked up for another season. Would Bobby and Cas have been resurrected if it wasn't coming back? I don't think so.

It would have served the series well if it was actually the finale for the show. I don't see where they go from here after they've fought Satan and the Apocalypse. Maybe that's why Kripke left?

Ohhhhhhh, Magda = Magdelene! Wow, good catch!

Yeah as much as I absolutely fucking adore this show to pieces, this should have been the end.

Bobby made a sacrifice, Cas made a sacrifice, Sam proved his worth and beat Lucifer, the world was saved, the four horsemen were done, and Dean now has to explore life as a family man, a whole new adventure for him.

I truly hope season six doesn't suck, but as you said:

Where do we go from here?

What's left after Satan? Another demon? Another demi-god? More Ghosts? I don't see anything good coming out of this.
Sirand
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:18 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Season Six would just cheapen things. That was the finale as far as I'm concerned.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:21 pm  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
Season Six would just cheapen things. That was the finale as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I agree with you there. That was it. Case closed.

I see two things happening:

Dean's new family being slaughtered and he has to go back on the road with help from Sam from hell.

OR Dean operating his hunting from his house with this family while Sam intervenes to help or something.

Where else can they go? I'm just... I don't know. It better end this season.

I'd love for this show to be on forever, but... this was it. It's Lucifer, the grand puba. Any other monster wouldn't be as menacing.
David
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:52 pm  Reply with quote

I'm with you guys. Next year is going to be season 3 of Millennium all over again, I'm afraid.

Chuck's voice over said that Dean didn't see Bobby for a long time so he's got to be giving up hunting. Who wouldn't? He's just beaten Satan and his brother leaped into the hell pit to save the world from Michael and Lucifer. Perhaps season 6 will start several years later and this time Sam will come to take Dean away from the normal life.

I didn't want anyone to die last night and part of me is happy it's going on. Another part wishes the series would have ended with Cas and Bobby making the ultimate sacrifice as hamburger Dean staggers into the waiting arms of his gal.