FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> June, 12, 2009: Friday the 13th VII; The New Blood
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:09 am  Reply with quote

You bet your arse.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:10 am  Reply with quote

ok then if everyone is set then press play now.
LivingDeadPunk

ImTheMoon wrote:
is everyone ready?
Ready, ma'am!
Gory

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
The one with Jason unmasked on the cover?
Yup. With the nail in his head and a green background. I think it was the first issue I bought. I was probably in 4th or 5th grade.
I remember that too. I wonder if I have it anywhere?
I still have all the issues I bought, but the center fold out posters are long gone. Sad
I took them out too. Remember the big one of that same Jason image? That was on my wall for years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BlackFlagg

is pressed
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:12 am  Reply with quote

I rewatched this recently and I'd completely forgotten about the summery opening... there was a good 5 min of me questioning my memory that followed.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:13 am  Reply with quote

I saw this in the theatre. And before you make fun of me for being old I was in 8th grade at the time. The guy at the ticket booth didn't even flinch when I asked for the ticket. Laughing
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:13 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
I rewatched this recently and I'd completely forgotten about the summery opening... there was a good 5 min of me questioning my memory that followed.
I keep forgetting it too.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:14 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
I saw this in the theatre. And before you make fun of me for being old I was in 8th grade at the time. The guy at the ticket booth didn't even flinch when I asked for the ticket. Laughing

why would he after you handed him the $20
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:15 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
part VIII was first one i saw in a theatre, actually at a drive in
Gory

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

why would he after you handed him the $20
I asked for two tickets since I was there with a friend so maybe he thought the other ticket was for an adult. Even though my friend was younger than me. Laughing
LivingDeadPunk

Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
Yup. With the nail in his head and a green background. I think it was the first issue I bought. I was probably in 4th or 5th grade.
I still have all the issues I bought, but the center fold out posters are long gone. Sad
I took them out too. Remember the big one of that same Jason image? That was on my wall for years.
Oh, man! That one, Rutger from The Hitcher, the skull face from Night of the Creeps, Ozzy from Bark at the Moon and the werewolf from Werewolf the series, the Sawyer family from Chainsaw 2 and Linnea in a metal bikini with a chainsaw and a rotting severed arm to gnaw on. I had all of those and more up for years. My other friends used to ask how I could sleep in that room.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:16 am  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
Gory wrote:
Part III was the first one I saw in the theatre. My dad took me, my sister, and a friend of my sister. I still remember the 3-D effects to this day. My sister's friend was freaked out for years though.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:16 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
Oh, man! That one, Rutger from The Hitcher, the skull face from Night of the Creeps, Ozzy from Bark at the Moon and the werewolf from Werewolf the series, the Sawyer family from Chainsaw 2 and Linnea in a metal bikini with a chainsaw and a rotting severed arm to gnaw on. I had all of those and more up for years. My other friends used to ask how I could sleep in that room.
I remember those. Sad
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:18 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
BlackFlagg wrote:
Gory wrote:
Part III was the first one I saw in the theatre. My dad took me, my sister, and a friend of my sister. I still remember the 3-D effects to this day. My sister's friend was freaked out for years though.

I've never seen any of them in theaters...almost saw Jason X but 10 min in my friend had trouble breathing so I had to take her to the hospital.