FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> June 5: The Amityville Horror
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:07 am  Reply with quote

Everytime I hear the MGM lion roar I think of Poltergeist.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:08 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
I just got done reading Night of the Living Dead: London, a pair of prestige format comics from '93/'94, I think, that takes place in Romero's Living Dead universe and was written by Clive Barker and Steve Niles, creator of 30 Days of Night. Awesome old comic. Great art by a guy named Carlos Kastro.
Sweet!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:08 am  Reply with quote

Great music here. I', surprised I don't have this somewhere, but I don't. I will before next Halloween though.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:10 am  Reply with quote

just a forewarning, I'm not really a fan of this movie so I may tune out or randomly insult it throughout the evening
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:10 am  Reply with quote

The music was done by Lalo Shifrin who has done some great scores over the years. One bit of trivia for him is he did the score for The Exorcist before William Friedkin decided to go a different way. Some of the ideas for the score from that Shifrin used in this score.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:11 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
I just got done reading Night of the Living Dead: London, a pair of prestige format comics from '93/'94, I think, that takes place in Romero's Living Dead universe and was written by Clive Barker and Steve Niles, creator of 30 Days of Night. Awesome old comic. Great art by a guy named Carlos Kastro.
Sweet!
It is! Not as well known as you'd think either, with the pedigree of talent behind it, but it was from a smaller comics publisher. Awesome thing to have if you can find it.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:11 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
just a forewarning, I'm not really a fan of this movie so I may tune out or randomly insult it throughout the evening
Really? You don't think parts of it are creepy?
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:12 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Sweet!
It is! Not as well known as you'd think either, with the pedigree of talent behind it, but it was from a smaller comics publisher. Awesome thing to have if you can find it.
I have never heard of it before. I'm surprised especially since it's be available for so long.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:12 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Bring it. I love this movie out of nostalgia, but I'm well aware that it has some serious faults and the "true story" it's based on is bunk.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:14 am  Reply with quote

I like how it cuts to the murder while she's showing them each room.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:15 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Sweet!
I have never heard of it before. I'm surprised especially since it's be available for so long.
I was heavily into horror comics in the early '90s and I was already working at the newsstand then, so I remember when it first came out. Believe it or not, we still have some copies at work, but they are mixed in with a ton of other old, independent comics and I think a cat might have peed on them. haha
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:15 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Bring it. I love this movie out of nostalgia, but I'm well aware that it has some serious faults and the "true story" it's based on is bunk.

I don't find it creepy or scary, I just kinda find it annoying.... and the whole based on a true story thing infuriates me beyond belief.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:17 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Sweet!
I was heavily into horror comics in the early '90s and I was already working at the newsstand then, so I remember when it first came out. Believe it or not, we still have some copies at work, but they are mixed in with a ton of other old, independent comics and I think a cat might have peed on them. haha
I wonder if that cat pee makes them more valuable?
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:17 am  Reply with quote

That house is absolutely iconic. Any time I see a house even resembling it, with those damn windows, I get the creeps, no matter how silly it is.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:18 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Sweet!
I wonder if that cat pee makes them more valuable?

only to those with a very particular predilection