Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Splatterhouse Returns
meatpuppet
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:37 am  Reply with quote

new E3 trailer is up

http://g4tv.com/videos/46311/E3-2010-Splatterhouse-E3-Trailer/
mdamien13
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:01 pm  Reply with quote

FUCK YEAH!!!

Splatterhouse for the TG-16 was my favorite game as a kid until Splatterhouse III. I'm glad to see them giving this a reboot.

The early looks are positive, but both mention some bugs in the gameplay that they hope get fixed before the release this fall. If those bugs are fixed I have very high hopes for this.

Also, all three of the original games will be unlockable in the new game.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:09 pm  Reply with quote

Not a fan of cell shading, even in Boarderlands, so I'm kinda bummed about that. But if it's anything like the past ones, I'm there. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, I saw a shotgun. A SHOTGUN!
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:15 pm  Reply with quote

I love cell shading. Prince of Persia looks amazing.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:28 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
Horrible, horrible game. It might as well play itself. Safe to say it was a major disappointment to me.
I am looking forward to renting the one that just came out. Looks like they went back to the original style. And no magic sidekick!
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:52 pm  Reply with quote

frank_dracman wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
Horrible, horrible game. It might as well play itself. Safe to say it was a major disappointment to me.
I am looking forward to renting the one that just came out. Looks like they went back to the original style. And no magic sidekick!

I like the gameplay. Pretty challenging to get all the orbs. But it looks absolutely beautiful on my TV.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:31 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
frank_dracman wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

I like the gameplay. Pretty challenging to get all the orbs. But it looks absolutely beautiful on my TV.

Are you insinuating that my TV is crap? How dare you!

Did you like the first three? I have yet to meet anyone that like the ps2/xbox versions that also liked the new one. Too different for me.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:37 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, I've liked them all except for the original games back on PC. The franchise got a great makeover along the lines of Tomb Raider.
corpse monger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:10 am  Reply with quote

I'm one of the forum mods over West Mansion (the official Splatterhouse fan site...http://splatterhouse.kontek.net/), and we get a lot of crazy info & tidbits about how the new game's coming along. After a rocky first year of development, the game now looks to be kicking all sorts of ass. I'm a SH fiend going back 20 years, and I can't wait for this madness to be unleashed.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:59 pm  Reply with quote

corpse monger wrote:
I'm one of the forum mods over West Mansion (the official Splatterhouse fan site...http://splatterhouse.kontek.net/), and we get a lot of crazy info & tidbits about how the new game's coming along. After a rocky first year of development, the game now looks to be kicking all sorts of ass. I'm a SH fiend going back 20 years, and I can't wait for this madness to be unleashed.

Sweet site! I'd checked it out back in the old "ClassicGaming" days and am glad to see that the developers appear to be treating you guys to some exclusives. Keep 'em coming!
corpse monger
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:59 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
Sweet site! I'd checked it out back in the old "ClassicGaming" days and am glad to see that the developers appear to be treating you guys to some exclusives. Keep 'em coming!

Oh, man, they have been GREAT. "Loose Lips" and all that, but without getting too specific, lemme tell ya...these motherfuckers are pulling out all the stops on this game. Shit, that year long delay? That was because the original dev team was fuckin' up, and the higher-ups said "Nuh-uh". That year of savage retooling did nothing but good, my friends. NOTHING but good.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:00 am  Reply with quote

frank_dracman wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
frank_dracman wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:

Are you insinuating that my TV is crap? How dare you!

Did you like the first three? I have yet to meet anyone that like the ps2/xbox versions that also liked the new one. Too different for me.

I love the last gen PoP games and I quite enjoyed the last one. (I'm ignoring Forgotten Sands for the moment because by all accounts it's a glossed up remake of the Sands of Time) Though I do think it was a bit on the easy side, it was still fun to play and had great graphics.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:18 pm  Reply with quote

Great review, Creepy! I agree 100% - this is a very fun brawler with enough gore to cause my wife to leave the room. I love the 2D sections and the many homages to the originals they pay. The Terror Mask is a fun sidekick to have as well. Thank you, Namco, for a great reboot!
Karloff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:05 pm  Reply with quote

Looks pretty awful. Will avoid like the plague.