Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Modern Warfare 2
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:32 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
frank_dracman wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:

The matchmaking is something IW likes because they feel like hosted games can be tampered with too much.

Yeah, I think you got a point there. If there's a way to exploit a game, someone will find it.
But I must pose a question- do you think the game warrants a score of 10? It might just be me, but I can't remember the last perfect 10 game I played. Oblivion might be the closest, but a game really has to knock the shit out of my butt, into the toilet and flush itself to squeeze out a score of 10, which this one has many of. Don't get me wrong, the game is way better than I though it would be, but perfect? Confused

A 10 has NEVER signified a perfect game for me. It just means the sum of the parts of the game add up to an experience that is the best at what it does. Do I think this game is a 10? No, but I think it's a 9 because I don't like a majority of the maps in multiplayer and it's way too easy to die now like they listened to all the winers that complained about the amount of bullets people can take and decided to half it. And my weapon of choice: the submachine gun has been practically neutered.

That being said I've played tons of games this generation I would give a 10 to. COD 4, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2, Left for Dead, The Orange Box to name a few. If I were to go back to past generations I would have a much larger list.
My primary gripe with MW2 is the Stopping Power perk. It shouldn't exist. If I'm shooting a dude without stopping power and he's shooting at me with stopping power, he's going to put me down a helluva lot quicker. Thankfully that doesn't matter in Hardcore gametypes. FMJ should be available right from the start as well. The Javelin glitch is really pissing me off too.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:27 am  Reply with quote

Stopping power is good for Submachine guns when going up against Assault riffles or LMGs. But, it WAS there to counter Juggernaut which isn't in this game so I'm not really sure why it's still there. Save for shooting down choppers and such. Which, by the way, are MUCH harder to put down in this game.

I refuse to play any hardcore game types because all it does is promote camping more than most games.