Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Modern Warfare 2
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:07 am  Reply with quote

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49096.html

Can't. Fucking. Wait.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:13 pm  Reply with quote

Errr....OK. That was maybe ten seconds, hardly enough for me to get excited. Granted, all those war games (Ghost Recon, Call of Duty, Frontlines, etc.) look and play very similar to me., so it will take something gigantically rad (like maybe snowmobiles?) to get my attention. So what's the one game of this type that I should really be playing? Keeping in mind I usually play with myself and not online.

I'll tell you what I'm excited about, the new Red Faction. big, smashy robots, dude! How can you not love it? I'll take careless, wanton destruction over tactical action any day.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:00 pm  Reply with quote

None of the games you mentioned play the same at all. But if you had to play one game, COD 4, right now, is at the top of the list. It's addictive, easy to pick up, difficult to master. And on top of that it's fun as hell.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:08 pm  Reply with quote

My Halo skills are pretty weak, but I fuckin' rock at COD4. Although it's been awhile since I've played. There's nothing more satisfying than stabbing a dude in the face while running or throwing C4 at someones feet.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 pm  Reply with quote

Today I got an airstrike off of one clip of my MP5 and a knife. It was glorious.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:12 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
None of the games you mentioned play the same at all. But if you had to play one game, COD 4, right now, is at the top of the list. It's addictive, easy to pick up, difficult to master. And on top of that it's fun as hell.

I'll try that one again.
Like I said, to me they are all similar due to the fact they have realistic weapons compared to say, Jericho, and the stories (as far as I've played them) are about a squad of guys shooting other guys. Oversimplified, I know, and I guess I should give them more of a few day's rental of a chance.
All I ever hear or see my friends playing is COD 4. I rented it once and was a bit underwhelmed, but like i said, I'll give it my undivided attention and try it again.
By the way, you ever play Army of Two? Pretty cool game and the multi is fun.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:23 pm  Reply with quote

Hated Army of Two.

Cod 4 is brilliant. World at War is damn good too. I've been playing Ghost Recon since the first game on PC. WHile I miss having two squads to command going in solo is still fun and challenging. Medal of Honor sucks pretty majorly. The first was an incredible experience though.

The Red Faction games are fun but they have never lived up to expectations. I think the new one just might this time.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:46 pm  Reply with quote

The first Medal of Honor on the PSX was groundbreaking stuff. The sound, graphics, and AI were pretty outstanding at the time as I recall. Played the hell out of that game, never really got into the sequels or next-gen titles.
But why the hate on Army of Two? If you had a solid human partner it was pretty unique stuff.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:54 pm  Reply with quote

Yep agree with everything you said about the first Medal of Honor. That game blew me away at the time

I never played Army of Two co-op. It's probably alot better that way.

I just hated the story and the dialogue from the two idiots. The gameplay wasn't much fun either. I only rented it though and never finished it.

You should make a Red Faction thread. I've got a really good feeling about it from what I have seen and the demo.

You forgot to mention Rainbow Six. It has become an excellent shooter but I still miss the early days when you had to plan out your routes ith waypoints, and tell them when to open a door and use a flashbang or whatever.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:25 pm  Reply with quote

frank_dracman wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:

I'll try that one again.
Like I said, to me they are all similar due to the fact they have realistic weapons compared to say, Jericho, and the stories (as far as I've played them) are about a squad of guys shooting other guys. Oversimplified, I know, and I guess I should give them more of a few day's rental of a chance.
All I ever hear or see my friends playing is COD 4. I rented it once and was a bit underwhelmed, but like i said, I'll give it my undivided attention and try it again.
By the way, you ever play Army of Two? Pretty cool game and the multi is fun.

The thing is, I rarely play games for their stories. I'm there for the gameplay. Very few games have a story I really care about as anything other than means to and end. COD 4 has some of the best and missions I've played in a game.

I loved Army of Two. Most fun I've had co-op in a while.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:42 pm  Reply with quote

Developed by Infinity Ward
Releases on November 10th

Well since November 10th cant come soon enough and the info being leaked is nothing short of amazing, I figured this game could use its own thread.

We all know and love the series and MW2 looks to take the game to exciting and new heights.

The full list of available weapons

Assault Rifles
FAMAS
Bushmaster ACR
M16
AK-47
Steyr AUG A2
Imbel MD3
FN 2000
G36C
M4
MK. 14 EBR
G3
TAR-21
FN SCAR
FN FAL

Sniper Rifles
SVD Dragunov
Walther WA2000

Sub-Machine Guns
FN P90
UMP .45
TDI Kriss
H&K MP5

Shotguns
Franchi SPAS-12
W1200
Armsel Striker 12 Guage
Remington 870MCS
Winchester 1887
AA-12

Light/Heavy Machine Guns
RPD
MK46
AUG HBAR-T
MG4
M240

Pistols
USP .45
Glock 18/22
M1911 .45
Desert Eagle

Melee
Combat Knife
Ice Picks

Explosives/Grenades
C4
Frag Grenade
Stun Grenade
Smoke Grenade
Semtex

Gun Attatchments
Red Dot Sight
Heartbeat Sensor
ACOG
Silencer
EOTech Sight
Thermal Scope
Master Key

Grenade Launchers
GP-25 Grenade Launcher
M203 Grenade Launcher
AT4 Rocket Launcher (Heat Seaking/Lock-On)

Armor
Riot Shield

With a list like that, there will be no shortages of switching up classes to keep things fresh.

IW has stated that all previous gamemodes will return with the addition of a few others. Lips have been tightly sealed and not much info has been given in that aspect.

New additions that have been confirmed:

There are dual-wielding of weapons in the game such as uzis, pistols, etc.

The knives can be thrown in single as well as in the multiplayer.

Special Forces & Breach Modes in the game.

Rescuing of players is also a part of the Breach and Clear mode of Modern Warfare 2.

The players are revived in the same way as used in the Left 4 Dead.

Customizable Kill Streaks. No more standard 3, 5, 7 kill streak rewards. This time you can forego certain rewards to try and get better ones at higher kill streaks.

Host Migration!!! No more will you ever see "Host ended game". This is shown in the latest gameplay footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zm6RAkI49g
HorrorDj
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 pm  Reply with quote

The FaMas will be the new M-16 with the 3 round burst. Still, Im freaking pumped about this one.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:24 am  Reply with quote

IGN and G4 have huge MP beta impressions and they sound amazing.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1025233p1.html

http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/61715/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/articles/68433/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Multiplayer-Hands-On-Preview/

Watch the IGN video for a Predator Missile kill. It's so bad ass you can here the people laughing at the enemy team's misfortune.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:07 pm  Reply with quote

Blockbuster has a clock counting down the days, hours, min 'til release. I thought that was pretty funny but I am looking forward to more brutality and excellent gameplay.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:56 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/infamy-trailer-modern-warfare/57266

The new trailer. I've watched it 4 times and I've gotten chills every single one of those times.