FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> May, 08, 2009: Return of the Living Dead 2
Gory
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:14 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
really is the narration even needed?
It's assuming no one had seen the original.

or noticed that the title was return of the living dead par 2....i mean all you need to know is that there are zombies and they want to eat brains
Yeah but then you wouldn't know who the James Karen and Thom Mathews characters are even though they have nothing to do with their characters in the first film.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:14 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
Now supposedely the music is different on the DVD. Is it the songs? Score? Both? I don't know the movie well enough to know.

The music score on the DVD release is almost completely different to the original theater, laserdisc and VHS versions. This is widely said to be because of difficulties obtaining the rights to use the original score. However, the original score can be heard on the French audio track.
Is it better or worse or the same?

don't know I've only ever seen the dvd
Gory
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:15 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
Now supposedely the music is different on the DVD. Is it the songs? Score? Both? I don't know the movie well enough to know.

The music score on the DVD release is almost completely different to the original theater, laserdisc and VHS versions. This is widely said to be because of difficulties obtaining the rights to use the original score. However, the original score can be heard on the French audio track.

I thought you watched this like 100 times as a kid?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:16 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

nope i didn't start watching horror till i was 17/18.... i don't think i saw this till i was nearly 20 when i got the dvd for cheap.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:16 am  Reply with quote

The director of this also made Shock Waves. The movie about the zombie nazi soldiers.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:17 am  Reply with quote

oh man the girlfriend looks like a low rent Tawny Kitaen
Gory
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:17 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

nope i didn't start watching horror till i was 17/18.... i don't think i saw this till i was nearly 20 when i got the dvd for cheap.
Really? I thought you were a horror chick? What brought you around? Was it a specific movie?
Gory
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:18 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
oh man the girlfriend looks like a low rent Tawny Kitaen
Laughing
Gory

With the four of us it's like a Facebook reunion. Laughing
ImTheMoon

Gory wrote:
The director of this also made Shock Waves. The movie about the zombie nazi soldiers.

yeah he's said how he regrets getting his start in horror because he felt pigeon holed after.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:19 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

yeah he's said how he regrets getting his start in horror because he felt pigeon holed after.
Too bad he regrets it because both movies are good.
ImTheMoon

ahh Thom Mathews how i love you
LivingDeadPunk

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

I'm watching the new version and I'd have to say that it's worse, though, unlike part one, this movie was never known for any of the music in it anyway. The songs on the soundtrack are terrible.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:20 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

I'm watching the new version and I'd have to say that it's worse, though, unlike part one, this movie was never known for any of the music in it anyway. The songs on the soundtrack are terrible.
Is it terrible because you're not used to it or is it cheesy and lame?
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:20 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

Too bad he regrets it because both movies are good.

i know sad, he spends a good chunk of time on the commentary complaining about it.