FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Brutal Legend
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:15 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Rottenjesus wrote:
Yeah, it's too bad that people will be picking up the inferior game instead of BL. Sad


I'll bite. Have you played Uncharted 2? Have you seen Uncharted 2? Have you read the reviews for Uncharted 2? I have no doubt Brutal Legend will be a good game, but nothing about Uncharted 2 says inferior.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:20 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:
Yeah, it's too bad that people will be picking up the inferior game instead of BL. Sad


I'll bite. Have you played Uncharted 2? Have you seen Uncharted 2? Have you read the reviews for Uncharted 2? I have no doubt Brutal Legend will be a good game, but nothing about Uncharted 2 says inferior.


Uncharted 2 wasn't developed by Double Fine so therefore it will be inferior.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:28 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Floydian Trip wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:
Yeah, it's too bad that people will be picking up the inferior game instead of BL. Sad


I'll bite. Have you played Uncharted 2? Have you seen Uncharted 2? Have you read the reviews for Uncharted 2? I have no doubt Brutal Legend will be a good game, but nothing about Uncharted 2 says inferior.


Uncharted 2 wasn't developed by Double Fine so therefore it will be inferior.


I know you're joking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:31 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:
Yeah, it's too bad that people will be picking up the inferior game instead of BL. Sad


I'll bite. Have you played Uncharted 2? Have you seen Uncharted 2? Have you read the reviews for Uncharted 2? I have no doubt Brutal Legend will be a good game, but nothing about Uncharted 2 says inferior.


Uncharted 2 wasn't developed by Double Fine so therefore it will be inferior.


I know you're joking.


Not in the least. Have you never played a Double Fine game? Psychonauts was absolutely brilliant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:38 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Yeah I have. Loved Psychonauts. And I've also played Brutal Legend's demo, the first Uncharted, and the demo for Uncharted 2. And like I said, I have no doubt Brutal Legend will be fun, but Uncharted 2 looks, plays and has been scoring amazing. Nothing about it makes it an inferior product.

But I will say that on a graphical level alone, Uncharted 2 makes Brutal Legend look last gen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:05 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 15 Jul 2006
Posts: 441
Location: Canada

Graphics doesn't automatically make it a great game. It's the gameplay that's key here. It may look pretty but is it fun to play for more than a week?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:07 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Rottenjesus wrote:
Graphics doesn't automatically make it a great game. It's the gameplay that's key here. It may look pretty but is it fun to play for more than a week?


Not saying it does but by all accounts, including my own, the gameplay matches the graphics. With co-op and multiplayer added to the mix, I would say "yes, it is fun to play for more than a week".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Brutal Legend is gonna be a different level of greatness.

Uncharted 2 will sell more. I'm wondering how many people will be turned off by it because it's so steeped in metal despite the fact that the gameplay is gonna be something you won't be able to get anywhere else. It's an incredibly ballsy game to make and he's doing it out of love and that rarely ever pays off. It's much like Trick 'r Treat that way.

I've played Uncharted before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:04 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Floydian Trip wrote:
Brutal Legend is gonna be a different level of greatness.

Uncharted 2 will sell more. I'm wondering how many people will be turned off by it because it's so steeped in metal despite the fact that the gameplay is gonna be something you won't be able to get anywhere else. It's an incredibly ballsy game to make and he's doing it out of love and that rarely ever pays off. It's much like Trick 'r Treat that way.

I've played Uncharted before.


Underneath the surface, Brutal Legend is a hack and slash game. People can get that anywhere. And Tim Schafer most likely knew what he was doing when he chose what he did as a location, characters and theme.

Uncharted will sell more because it deserves to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:10 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Floydian Trip wrote:
Brutal Legend is gonna be a different level of greatness.

Uncharted 2 will sell more. I'm wondering how many people will be turned off by it because it's so steeped in metal despite the fact that the gameplay is gonna be something you won't be able to get anywhere else. It's an incredibly ballsy game to make and he's doing it out of love and that rarely ever pays off. It's much like Trick 'r Treat that way.

I've played Uncharted before.


Underneath the surface, Brutal Legend is a hack and slash game. People can get that anywhere. And Tim Schafer most likely knew what he was doing when he chose what he did as a location, characters and theme.

Uncharted will sell more because it deserves to.


You haven't been playing games for very long have you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:14 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

He's making this game because he loved heavy metal album covers and metal in general. I seen articles about him talking about the bands and music that inpired him. It all boils down to Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. The metal Gods. He's a real fan. He's definitely not making it to get rich.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:14 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

No. I haven't. I stated playing games in 1980 with the Atari 2600. I then had the NES, then the SNES, the Playstation, The Playstation 2, the Xbox, XBOX 360 and the PS3. So again, no I haven't been playing games for very long. Only 27 years.

Why do you ask?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:17 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

Because you don't know what you're talking about. That's cool don't take my word for it. Time will tell. I'm not interested in Uncharted 2 in the least. Never was. The first one was average at best ultimately. It started off great but after the U-boat section sunk into mediocrity and repetativeness. I enjoy Tomb Raider much more. I stay interested in those games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:18 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Floydian Trip wrote:
He's making this game because he loved heavy metal album covers and metal in general. I seen articles about him talking about the bands and music that inpired him. It all boils down to Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. The metal Gods. He's a real fan. He's definitely not making it to get rich.


I know exactly why he made the game. I've been following it since it was revealed on the cover of Game Informer. I've read a lot about the game, watched interviews with Tim Schafer and played the demo immediately upon release. I liked it a lot. I'm not buying it though because I want Uncharted 2 much more for both it's single player and multiplayer. Brutal Legend will undoubtedly be a game I beat in a couple of days and don't touch again. Hack and slash gets really old to me, no matter how funny the story is. So I'll buy it used from Gamestop and return it within 7 days for a full refund.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:22 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Floydian Trip wrote:
Because you don't know what you're talking about.


How's that?

Quote:
That's cool don't take my word for it. Time will tell. I'm not interested in Uncharted 2 in the least. Never was. The first one was average at best ultimately. It started off great but after the U-boat section sunk into mediocrity and repetativeness. I enjoy Tomb Raider much more. I stay interested in those games.


I love the Tomb Raider games as well. I've played and found enjoyment in every single one, including Angel of Darkness, which I was bummed did so poorly because I liked the story. I absolutely LOVED Underworld. It's cool that you don't dig Uncharted, not every game is for every person. Personally I loved it so much I played through it 3 times from beginning to end. In fact, it was the game I bought a PS3 for and it was the first game I played for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Fistful of Joystick

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum