FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Brutal Legend
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:49 pm  Reply with quote

Roctober 13th is almost here.

Dave Halverson had a 4 page orgasm over this game in the latest Play. I'd quote the shit out of it but I'd end up with the entire review. His parting shot for this game sums it up though, "There's never been anything like it and there may never be again. Brutal Legend is tru;y a gift to metal and game fans alike and my new, best 3D game ever."

I feel sorry for the people who are going to play the inferior Tomb Raider clone Uncharted instead of this game on Tuesday. I don't really give a rats ass how many character animations there are.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:32 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:

I feel sorry for the people who are going to play the inferior Tomb Raider clone Uncharted instead of this game on Tuesday. I don't really give a rats ass how many character animations there are.

Don't feel sorry for me. It's a far superior game to any of the Tomb Raiders and having played both demos I'm extremely confident that I made the right choice. Thanks for your concern.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:40 pm  Reply with quote

Just thinking that you can get a good impression of a SHafer game from a demo shows how little you know about his games but hey enjoy.

Gamestop asked me if I wanted them to do a midnight release for the game but I said hell no I'm too old for that shit.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:52 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
Just thinking that you can get a good impression of a SHafer game from a demo shows how little you know about his games but hey enjoy.

Like I said, I've played The Monkey Islands and Pyschonauts and I loved them. But instead of calling me "ignorant" tell me how you think I know little about his games.

The purpose of a demo is to try it out in order to decide if you want to purchase it. The gameplay, while fun, was lacking in the areas i like. Like I said, I don't like hack and slash, no matter how gussied it up is. Therefore, based on the demo which was released to entice me to buy it, didn't impress me enough to drop $60 on the game when I can rent it for far less and beat it in a couple of days.

Uncharted 2, on the other hand, has tons of elements I like as well as a deep and fun multiplayer and is the sequel to one of my favourite games this generation. So I say again, I'm confident I made the right choice.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:57 pm  Reply with quote

The reviews for Brutal Legend are starting to come in and they have been positive. Not nearly as positive as Uncharted 2, but positive none the less. Having read a few I still feel confident that I'm buying the game I'll enjoy more. This is a rental for me. Which I'll mostly likely rent tomorrow.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:23 pm  Reply with quote

I only trust Play and Edge for reviews.

But don't need them anyway. This metalhead is gonna be headbangin to that metalrific soundtrack of course you can't unlock the best metal until closer to the end.

Jack Black called me to let me know my preorder will be ready tomorrow and it's some funny shit.....here's Jacks phone number

888-283-2757 Call it. It's funny.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:44 pm  Reply with quote

I only trust myself, but there are critics I like and agree with. Mostly IGN and Game Informer.

GI just gave Uncharted 2 a 10. Can't wait.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:45 am  Reply with quote

Metacritic aggregate for Brutal Legend 85 (for 360) 89 (PS3)
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/brutallegend

Metacrictic aggregate for Uncharted 2 97
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/uncharted2amongthieves

Just saying.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:22 pm  Reply with quote

Haha, this shit is funny, funny and cool. It's like getting sucked into your favorite heavy metal album to do battle with the Metal Gods and hopefully destroy Nu-metal. Jack Black is absolutely perfect for this role. Just perfect.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:18 pm  Reply with quote

All my interest for this game got flushed down the toilet. Apparently later in the game it turns into an RTS game. Which I hold just below hack and slash as my least favourite gaming genres.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:49 pm  Reply with quote

One of my comrades has fallen and we had to bring her to the Killmaster, none other than Lemmy hiself, However he cannot revive hre because he doesn't have thick enough strings so it's off the the Metal Queen, a giant Shelob-looking spider to somehow keep her from eating us and getting those strings for Lemmy.

So far I've heard Motorhead, Def Leppard and Ozzy and some random guitar throught the game. These songs come on at the perfect time. Heavy Metal all the time.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:24 pm  Reply with quote

Got the face melter solo, awesome. Doinf damage with my axe is as much fun as it is with my axe.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:13 pm  Reply with quote

Defeated the Metal Queen in her lair. Safely returned to Lemmy with the thick bass strings so he could bring my fallen comrade(love? strange love triangle brewing) to life. Lemmy has decided to join our band, er, army not it's back to Halford's stronghold.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:29 pm  Reply with quote

Me and Lemmy just drove around shocking pig bikers so the girls could rip the pigs off the bike and turn them into human weapons. The army is growing. Down with NU:Metal.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:22 pm  Reply with quote

Just defeated the first attack on Halford's place. Eddie erected a monster metal stage and I had the ability to call up allies to defend against Lion White and his evil minion. I also had the ability to play a fan solo which sent fans from beneath through geysers which had merch stands erected around them. The ultimate goal to go to Lion White and crush his kingdom and set everyone free.

Nothing disappoints in this game so far. You've got a little bit of everything to deal with but at the end of the day it's the story and characters that keep it moving forward.

This game was made for me.