FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Brutal Legend
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:34 pm  Reply with quote

Halford, new Priest solos, Lemmy, Dio. Jack Black, yeah I like Jack Black and think he's perfect for this game. Maybe some Tenacious D. This is definitely my most anticipated game right now.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:57 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Don't forget the most important element: Tim Schafer and Double-Fine, the geniuses behind Psychonauts, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango. Combine them with the epic metal madness and you have deep-fried gold, baby.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:17 pm  Reply with quote

Absolutely,This is a really ballsy game to make and I hope it sells well. You don't even have to play it to know this game is going to be great. Hell go ahead and write the review now.

Here's mine,,,,

Buy it!
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:45 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

I can't wait for this game. High on the list, and I hope it sells great, just so Schafer can shut a lot of people up.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:48 pm  Reply with quote

I'm hoping this one sells well too. I can't imagine why it wouldn't. I think word of mouth is going to be strong for this one as I already know it's going to be a great game.
plastic_society
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:47 am  Reply with quote

I loved Psychonauts and am looking forward to what Tim Schafer can bring out next, but on the other hand I'm just so sick of Jack Black being apart of everything that's somehow related to rock music.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:50 pm  Reply with quote

Jack Black is at his best when a project or movie he's doing involves rock. School of Rock may be a more kid friendly movie than anything he's done but it was hysterical. He's like Christian Bale though and is only as good as the material he's given and is often times miscast which results in a not funny at all movie like Nacho Libre but then I absolutely hated Napolean Dynamite. I can't fucking wait for this game.
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:00 pm  Reply with quote

Even though it bombed at the box office (a real shame too) but TENACIOUS D: THE PICK OF DESTINY is fucking awesome.

This game will be gloriously epic and I cannot wait. UP THE IRONS!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:36 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Rottenjesus wrote:
Even though it bombed at the box office (a real shame too) but TENACIOUS D: THE PICK OF DESTINY is fucking awesome.

A pre-order special from (I think) Gamestop is a Tenacious D in-game guitar complete with D riffs, sound effects and graphics.

Oh yeah. I'm there.
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:00 am  Reply with quote

I just pre-ordered BL today because of that awesome pre-order deal. Well worth the few extra dollars to get it here.

There really is no other game (outside of GHOSTBUSTERS/PROTOTYPE) this year that's really got my attention like BRUTAL LEGEND has.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:18 am  Reply with quote

Mr. Dark wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:

A pre-order special from (I think) Gamestop is a Tenacious D in-game guitar complete with D riffs, sound effects and graphics.

Oh yeah. I'm there.

Gah! I hate buying games from Gamestop/EB. I hope it's still coded in the game. I wantsie!

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:30 pm  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Mr. Dark wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:

Oh yeah. I'm there.

Gah! I hate buying games from Gamestop/EB. I hope it's still coded in the game. I wantsie!

I'm sure some enterprising individual will put the code up for those of us who refuse to get it at GS/EB. Wink
CMax
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 pm  Reply with quote

I'm mixed on the game. It looks like something that will be hella-fun and new - but I h_a_t_e Jack Black. I don't know if I'd be able to over look him and enjoy the game
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:22 am  Reply with quote

What's that, I hear you say? This game looks amazing, so what's the best way to crush all of the dreams we have about it?

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...Activision.

http://kotaku.com/5279036/activision-sues-brutal-legend-devs-to-halt-release

Quote:
Publisher Activision has filed suit against Brütal Legend developer Double Fine Productions to prevent the release of the heavy metal game starring Jack Black, putting the title's Rocktober release in jeopardy.

According to a report from the Associated Press, Activision claims that Double Fine failed to deliver Brütal Legend on time and mostly on its dime. The suit contends that the Brütal Legend dev was paid $15 million to finish the game, but missed a key deadline, with Double Fine asking for another $7 million in development monies and a nine month extension.

When Vivendi and Activision merged last year, Brütal Legend was missing from the list of titles that Activision would inherit and publish. But Activision claims it still retains its rights to the open world action adventure and that the mega-publisher has suffered "irreparable harm" in losing the game.

The lawsuit is unlikely a surprise for EA and Double Fine, as Activision expressed its unhappiness with the game being handed over to its biggest competitor earlier this year. EA's response to Activision's legal threats called them as ridiculous as "a husband abandoning his family and then suing after his wife meets a better looking guy."

Brütal Legend's presence at E3 2009 is big. New publisher Electronic Arts is banking heavily on the game, but if Activision is successful in its latest round of litigation, it's possible that we might have to start looking forward to a Rockvember or Rockcember release.

Schafer's response?

Quote:
Activision has filed suit against Brutal Legend developer Double Fine Productions. The publisher isn't happy about the game going to rival EA, claiming the developer didn't provide Activision with a game after a $15 million investment. What say you, Double Fine president Tim Schafer?

"Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyoncé is going to sue me too."

And that's about the best official response to a lawsuit we've ever heard at Kotaku. if only legal battles could be settled in a matching of wits, instead of extended litigation and public relations disasters, the world would be a better place.

I never, in my wildest dreams, thought I would ever side with EA against Activision in regards to the publication of an fresh and original IP.

Wow.

Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:56 pm  Reply with quote

This is really fucked up.