Exclusive: Warriors Creator Goes Sci-Fi!

default-featured-image

Walter Hill does sci-fi!The lovely lass known as Axelle got to attend a recent film festival in Turin and while there managed to have a brief chat with the one and only Walter Hill, the man who directed the 1979 mastepiece The Warriors among many other films. Most recently he’s been working on a show he created called “Broken Trail” as well as penning the script for a remake of The Warriors (nooooo!!!!!), but Axelle got him to talk about an entirely new project that could be interesting:

“I’m writing a science-fiction now,” he told her. “I’m happy with [my latest TV western] ‘Broken Trails,’ but I’m a difficult character, I need to do different things.

“I’m writing, directing and producing. It’s the nature of science-fiction, because they’re entirely conceptual, that you have to keep it a secret. I will say this, though: It takes place on earth, it is contemporary, it does not take place in the United States and in some ways it harkens back to the science fiction films of the Fifties and the Sixties when I was a kid. Of course it’s more sophisticated, but conceptually it’s much more one of those. As a director I’m no longer interested in what excited me when I was thirty years old, but I’m extremely interested in what excited me when I was ten years old.”

What could it be? Well we know he’s not referring to The Warriors remake for various reasons, the biggest of which being that it doesn’t take place in the U.S., so that leaves a huge realm of possibilities for the man to create something truly unique. And while it may not be in the realm of horror 100%, Hill is such an interesting character that I’m sure it’ll more than worth our time to keep an eye on it!

Johnny Butane

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Theorize on what it could be in our forums!

Share: 

Categorized: