I Am Legend II Could Be Prequel After All

default-featured-image

Will Smith and Dog (click for larger image)Collider managed to eke a bit more information out of actor Will Smith recently regarding plans for an upcoming I Am Legend expansion pack. Will it be prequel or the even more dreaded sequel, which was reported earlier? He’s admitted it is the former; the winds of rumor are now blowing back to prequel!

Will Smith had this to say about it: “We have a fantastic prequel idea … we’re still trying to work through a couple of bumps in the story. It’s essentially the fall of the last city – the last stand of Manhattan. The movie would be … within the body of the movie D.C. and then Manhattan would fall as the last city. It’s a really cool idea trying to figure it out…there’s a reason why we have to take a small band and we have to get into D.C. So we have to make our way from New York to D.C. and then back to New York.

He also added the dog is also planned to be included, albeit as a puppy.

A survivalist road trip does sound a hell of a lot better than the preposterous sequel, especially if they decide not to use cartoon zombies this go around. That said, I feel dread. This will likely end in tears.

Tristan Sinns

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Pass out the Kleenex in the Dread Central forums!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized