FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Jason on Arsenio
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:25 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, if anyone can get ahold of this interview, by all means send it my way.

Either way, does anyone remember when Jason was on Arsenio way back when "Takes Manhattan" was in theaters?

For those unaware, Hodder appeared as Jason in the old Arsenio Hall show. He walks out onto the stage, and sits down beside Arsenio. Arsenio starts asking him questions, and Jason just sits there for five minutes silently, huffing and giving him the deadly stare.

You could see the audience getting riled up, and Arsenio getting antsy.

It's a wonderful little memento that I, as an F13 fanatic, would love to get ahold of.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ghoulie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:51 pm  Reply with quote

YEAH I REMEMBER IT WELL!

I loved seeing Arsenio shaking in his suit. You could see he was nervous trying to crack jokes at this huge guy just staring at him, ready to tear him to bits. I even remember the handshake Hodder gave him at the end. Very rough too. I'm sure Arsenio was glad afterwards to be done with it. I'm also willing to bet that Kane enjoyed watching Arsenio nearly shit himself.

Renfield Twisted Evil
Foywonder
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:55 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

At one point it was obvious that whoever was in the Jason suit was laughing hysterically underneath.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:43 pm  Reply with quote

Foywonder wrote:
At one point it was obvious that whoever was in the Jason suit was laughing hysterically underneath.

Yeah, because Arsenio looked genuinely uneasy.

I remember my mom calling me to the living room when Jason came out. It was fucking bad-ass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:59 pm  Reply with quote

Ghoulie wrote:
I loved seeing Arsenio shaking in his suit. You could see he was nervous trying to crack jokes at this huge guy just staring at him, ready to tear him to bits. I even remember the handshake Hodder gave him at the end. Very rough too. I'm sure Arsenio was glad afterwards to be done with it. I'm also willing to bet that Kane enjoyed watching Arsenio nearly shit himself.

Oh, come on. Aresenio is an actor, and often a very good one. He was merely acting in a publicity stunt. It's not like he was deathly scared of Hodder in a Jason suit.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:06 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Ghoulie wrote:

Oh, come on. Aresenio is an actor, and often a very good one. He was merely acting in a publicity stunt. It's not like he was deathly scared of Hodder in a Jason suit.

STILL a fun stunt.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:08 pm  Reply with quote

Definitely fun. And it's probably the only real memory I actually have of Arsenio's show.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:12 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Definitely fun. And it's probably the only real memory I actually have of Arsenio's show.

VERY true.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:18 am  Reply with quote

Bam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jihrc0_ZZQo
Pestilence
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:26 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Heheheh, that was cool.

A seriously cheesy publicity stunt, but cool nonetheless. Mr. Green
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:25 am  Reply with quote

Pestilence wrote:
Heheheh, that was cool.

A seriously cheesy publicity stunt, but cool nonetheless. Mr. Green

I agree.

Somehow it was cooler when I was a very little kid.
Electric-Eye
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:08 am  Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SCJLlSf21Y

Laughing
I keep the country clean.
Bunnymud
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:03 am  Reply with quote

That's waht you'd call a "Set-up"

if that wasn't exdpected, Dave would run to the hills

Ahhhh....I miss the good ole days of Dave
Howl at Astronauts
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:38 pm  Reply with quote

Arsenio was by far the best talk show on TV and it's never beaten since. Anything was happening on that show. Contrary to the Tonight Show that had Johnny and was timeless while Letterman felt pointless(was not a revel anymore), Arsenio Hall Show was of its time and they tried to do things differently. Anything could happen on that show.
Texas Horror
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:27 pm  Reply with quote

Howl at Astronauts wrote:
Arsenio was by far the best talk show on TV and it's never beaten since. Anything was happening on that show. Contrary to the Tonight Show that had Johnny and was timeless while Letterman felt pointless(was not a revel anymore), Arsenio Hall Show was of its time and they tried to do things differently. Anything could happen on that show.

Unsure