FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Blade
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:03 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Messiahman wrote:
Dude, you're the one on the soapbox, and I'm not attacking you. Rather, I'm stating the facts of the case. Chill out.


Stating FACTS? Wow.

Whatever man.

I'll get off my soapbox when you get off your high horse. Either way, we'll enjoy the view from up here.


Messiahman wrote:
I don't begrudge you your opinion of the single episode you watched (although I do think it's a shame that you missed something this damned good based on one viewing of what is almost always any show's weakest episode).


See, had you written that, then perhaps I'd have seen your point in the first place.

Messiahman wrote:
So stop trying to spar with me, as well. I don't have any olive branches, but will you take a fig newton instead?


Yeah, I go on message boards and purposely start fights with people. Great time killer.

I just point out what I see.

And I dont eat Newtons. Have any chocolate? Very Happy

What's a Newton anyway?

Messiahman wrote:
"Farscape" was a good bit different, actually. It was a victim of its own asshole-ish showrunner going WAY overbudget and causing endless problems with the network, And the ratings were in the toilet. They have no one to blame but themselves, though it was hellishly amusing to see them carping after the fact. And anyway, the fourth season was such a drastic downturn in quality that it was a mercy killing.


I never saw "Farscape."

What I'm curious about is if the ratings were in the hole, why did fans launch such a campaign? It's a bit idiotic for no one to watch and then when it's cancelled suddenly complain. Happens all the damn time.

Same thing happened to "Miracles," which I enjoyed. No ratings, and suddenly when it's pulled "BOO! How could you rob us?"

P.S. Did you get my email with the letter from you know who?
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:21 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Terminal wrote:
On the soapbox? Gee, on a message board? That's unusual.

Stating FACTS? Wow.

Whatever man.


Someone's still taking their bitchy pills. Yes, facts -- such as the fact that many people who'd initially hated now liked it, that the ratings were quite good, that the critics had noticed. You do understand that those aren't my opinions, right?

Whatever indeed.

So there, chevato!

Terminal wrote:
I'll get off my soapbox when you get off your high horse. Either way, we'll enjoy the view from up here.


I don't own a horse, only a chihuahua/dachsund mix. His name is Oscar, and he's a really good fetcher and...what were we talking about again?

Terminal wrote:
See, had you written that, then perhaps I'd have seen your point in the first place.


And you see, I pretty much did write exactly that when you decided to jump onboard and discuss a show that you had no opinion on, other than the fact that you'd seen a single episode. All I did in the next post was reiterate that the episode in question wasn't a true signifyer of quality and clarify the fact that judging a series by its pilot alone is quite often futile. If that causes a problem, well...tough. I don't have time to go through and explain the tone in which the words I've just typed out should be read. You're a big boy, and we've talked plenty before. You know I'm not one to brazenly attack for no reason.


Messiahman wrote:
Yeah, I go on message boards and purposely start fights with people. Great time killer.

I just point out what I see.


Or in the case of BLADE, what you didn't see. Razz

Terminal wrote:
And I dont eat Newtons. Have any chocolate? Very Happy


I have some chocolate-covered espresso beans. I'd offer them, but I think you're already a little too wired. Wink

Terminal wrote:
What I'm curious about is if the ratings were in the hole, why did fans launch such a campaign? It's a bit idiotic for no one to watch and then when it's cancelled suddenly complain. Happens all the damn time.


The small FARSCAPE cult was damn near certifiably insane. The same goes, I hate to say it, for much of the Browncoats, who annoyingly flooded every message board and website, regardless of the fact that many of these places had nothing to do with Firefly. And yes, I was a fan of both shows (well, the first three seasons of FARSCAPE, anyway) but I'm realistic -- shows get cancelled all the time. Nature of the biz. In the case of both the series just mentioned, they each ultimately got a proper sendoff. But the fanatics always want more.

Me, I won't be starting any "Save Blade" websites.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"


Last edited by Messiahman on Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sirand
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:25 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4003
Location: Hollyweird

Who knows, maybe Sci Fi might come to the rescue. Happened with MST3K, Stargate, GvsE, etc...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:39 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Sirand wrote:
Who knows, maybe Sci Fi might come to the rescue. Happened with MST3K, Stargate, GvsE, etc...


A valid point. It certainly could pop up on another network. For that matter, Spike has yet to see the numbers from DVD sales. Since those DVDs will contain the hardcore unrated stuff, those sales could very well be through the roof.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:46 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Heh heh. Vern, the wonderfully hilarious part-time reviewer for AICN (who recently took on David DeFalco in the talkbacks) was a huge fan of the series. Here's what he had to say about its demise, in his own inimitable style:

A curse on any rat soup eating motherfuckers directly responsible for cancelling this shit. I guess if all you do is cue up the reruns of Star Trek and ultimate fighting all week it's hard to see straight after a while. But if they could they would see that this was a very good show that had really hit its stride and would have grown into something even better in season 2. I have no doubt that a second season would have been much more popular than it already was - even I know that's how TV works now, especially with shows like this that are designed to watch all in a row, i.e. on DVD. After everybody catches up on DVD they get excited for the next season, and vice versa. In fact, it's a dumb decision all around because even if they were gonna cancel it for sure they should've waited until after the DVDs to tell anyone. An impending season 2 (real or imagined) would have boosted the DVD sales too. Oh well, I guess if this is true I will just return to the old world where there is no Blade TV show and I forgot there even still was such a thing as Spike TV. p.s. I hope Spike Lee sues you fucks again, just to waste your fuckin time. And Spike Jonze too! p.p.s. If you reconsider though I would be willing to testify against either of the Spikes. Think about it fellas.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:50 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Messiahman wrote:
Someone's still taking their bitchy pills. Yes, facts -- such as the fact that many people who'd initially hated now liked it, that the ratings were quite good, that the critics had noticed. You do understand that those aren't my opinions, right?


Gasp! Now THOSE are FACTS.

Or stats. I think Stats.

[quote="Messiahman"]Whatever indeed.

Shut the fuck up you condescending condescenderer.

You can tell I'm a writer right? Lol.

Messiahman wrote:
I don't own a horse, only a chihuahua/dachsund mix. His name is Oscar, and he's a really good fetcher and...what were we talking about again?


Oprah Winfrey.

Messiahman wrote:
And you see, I pretty much did write exactly that when you decided to jump onboard and discuss a show that you had no opinion on, other than the fact that you'd seen a single episode.


Yes, and I'll continue doing that again, and again, and again, because I can. Booyah.

Messiahman wrote:
All I did in the next post was reiterate that the episode in question wasn't a true signifyer of quality and clarify the fact that judging a series by its pilot alone is quite often futile.


Ah, I see, but it came off condescending.

Messiahman wrote:
If that causes a problem, well...tough. I don't have time to go through and explain the tone in which the words I've just typed out should be read.


You just did that.

Haha.

Messiahman wrote:
Or in the case of BLADE, what you didn't see. Razz


Did you continue watching "Six Degrees" after its pilot?

Answer that one.

Messiahman wrote:
I have some chocolate-covered espresso beans. I'd offer them, but I think you're already a little too wired. Wink


Do I have to instruct you again on respecting people? David, go sit in the corner.

Messiahman wrote:
The small FARSCAPE cult was damn near certifiably insane. The same goes, I hate to say it, for much of the Browncoats, who annoyingly flooded every message board and website, regardless of the fact that many of these places had nothing to do with Firefly. And yes, I was a fan of both shows (well, the first three seasons of FARSCAPE, anyway) but I'm realistic -- shows get cancelled all the time. Nature of the biz. In the case of both the series just mentioned, they each ultimately got a proper sendoff. But the fanatics always want more.


HELL yes.

Messiahman wrote:
Me, I won't be starting any "Save Blade" websites.


Damn, I was going to start one in honor of you, and post your lecture about how the show was great after the pilot.

Buz ZING.

Now, let's kiss and make up and move on, puto. Cool
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."


Last edited by Terminal on Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:53 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Messiahman wrote:
Heh heh. Vern, the wonderfully hilarious part-time reviewer for AICN (who recently took on David DeFalco in the talkbacks) was a huge fan of the series. Here's what he had to say about its demise, in his own inimitable style:

A curse on any rat soup eating motherfuckers directly responsible for cancelling this shit. I guess if all you do is cue up the reruns of Star Trek and ultimate fighting all week it's hard to see straight after a while. But if they could they would see that this was a very good show that had really hit its stride and would have grown into something even better in season 2. I have no doubt that a second season would have been much more popular than it already was - even I know that's how TV works now, especially with shows like this that are designed to watch all in a row, i.e. on DVD. After everybody catches up on DVD they get excited for the next season, and vice versa. In fact, it's a dumb decision all around because even if they were gonna cancel it for sure they should've waited until after the DVDs to tell anyone. An impending season 2 (real or imagined) would have boosted the DVD sales too. Oh well, I guess if this is true I will just return to the old world where there is no Blade TV show and I forgot there even still was such a thing as Spike TV. p.s. I hope Spike Lee sues you fucks again, just to waste your fuckin time. And Spike Jonze too! p.p.s. If you reconsider though I would be willing to testify against either of the Spikes. Think about it fellas.


Laughing

I think they should have waited for the DVD Figures to see about renewing this show. I dunno, some shows play out better in a continuous stream than weekly.

If this show popped up somewhere else, I wouldn't be surprised. If its gained this much momentum, why let it die so easily? I'm confused about that point.

I always thought high ratings meants second season. Now I'm worried for "Heroes."
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:07 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Terminal wrote:
Shut the fuck up you condescending condescenderer.

You can tell I'm a writer right? Lol.


Well, an internet blogger, at least. ZAP!

Terminal wrote:
...what were we talking about again?


Terminal wrote:
Oprah Winfrey.


Ah, no wonder I was suddenly angry.

Terminal wrote:
Yes, and I'll continue doing that again, and again, and again, because I can. Booyah.


You are automatically disqualified from this discussion on one count of using "booyah" therein.

Terminal wrote:
IYou just did that.

Haha.


Occasionally, I have to spell it out more plainly...usually when dealing with folks that came up through the New York educational system -- y'know, pathetic goofs like that. Razz

Terminal wrote:
Did you continue watching "Six Degrees" after its pilot?

Answer that one.


I have the second ep sitting on the Tivo right now, in fact. Since my girlfriend grew up with Erika Christensen and was actually best friends with her for a time, she was more than curious to check it out.

Checkmate, muthafucka. Laughing

Terminal wrote:
Damn, I was going to start one in honor of you, and post your lecture about how the show was great after the pilot.

Buz ZING.


Make sure and link to the FIGHT CLUB tribute page I started in your honor, complete with a pictures (photoshopped from your MySpace page, natch) of you writhing underneath a sweaty Brad Pitt.

Zing-zangity-ZOW!

Terminal wrote:
Now, let's kiss and make up and move on, puto. Cool


Ewww, Terminal tried to kiss me!
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:12 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Messiahman wrote:
Well, an internet blogger, at least. ZAP!


Hollywood tool.

ZAP SNAP BOOM!

Messiahman wrote:
Ah, no wonder I was suddenly angry.


She brings that out in people.

THey're naming a mood after her. Peeved, disgruntled, Mad, angry, enraged, oprah.

Messiahman wrote:
You are automatically disqualified from this discussion on one count of using "booyah" therein.


No way man! No way man! That's completely bogus!!

Messiahman wrote:
Occasionally, I have to spell it out more plainly...usually when dealing with folks that came up through the New York educational system -- y'know, pathetic goofs like that. Razz


What?! I can't hear you, you're so low to the ground. Must be from kissing asses all day.

Very Happy

Messiahman wrote:
I have the second ep sitting on the Tivo right now, in fact. Since my girlfriend grew up with Erika Christensen and was actually best friends with her for a time, she was more than curious to check it out.

Checkmate, muthafucka. Laughing


DAMN YOU MESSIAH MAN! WE WILL MEET AGAIN!


Terminal wrote:
Make sure and link to the FIGHT CLUB tribute page I started in your honor, complete with a pictures (photoshopped from your MySpace page, natch) of you writhing underneath a sweaty Brad Pitt.


Those pics tell only half the truth.

Messiahman wrote:
Ewww, Terminal tried to kiss me!


Well, we DO fight like a married couple.

And you DO nag like a wife.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:24 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Terminal wrote:
Hollywood tool.

ZAP SNAP BOOM!


VERY WELL-PAID Hollywood tool.

ZIP ZAPPITY ZOO!

Terminal wrote:
What?! I can't hear you, you're so low to the ground. Must be from kissing asses all day.


That's it? That's the best you've got? What, are you tired or something? I've come to expect better of you than that.

Terminal wrote:
DAMN YOU MESSIAH MAN! WE WILL MEET AGAIN!


Waitasec...we've never actually met a first time!

Terminal wrote:

Well, we DO fight like a married couple.

And you DO nag like a wife.


But you'll always be my bottom bitch.

SNAP CRACKLE MUSHROOM CLOUD!
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:51 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Messiahman wrote:
VERY WELL-PAID Hollywood tool.

ZIP ZAPPITY ZOO!


Holy shit that's funny!

This is so much fun. We've gone WAAAY off topic.

Messiahman wrote:
That's it? That's the best you've got? What, are you tired or something? I've come to expect better of you than that.


Don't be hatin.

Messiahman wrote:
Waitasec...we've never actually met a first time!


You're so literal.

Messiahman wrote:
But you'll always be my bottom bitch.

SNAP CRACKLE MUSHROOM CLOUD!


No need to be obscene you pervert.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 7 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum