HBO Develops Preacher

default-featured-image

HBO to bring Preacher to life!I’ve got to say it’s about damn time some movement was made on Preacher again. People have been trying to get Garth Ennis’ comic onto the big screen for years; it finally took HBO to make it a reality … just on a slightly smaller screen.

Here’s what worries me, though; The Hollywood Reporter says that the one-hour series is being developed by Mark Steven Johnson, who to date has written and directed Daredevil (ugh) and Ghost Rider (possible ugh). A resume of cheap superhero movies may not be something to be proud of, especially when it involves Ben Affleck in tights. I just hope he’s in it because he loves the tale, not for the paycheck.

Preacher is the story of a Texas preacher named Jesse who becomes possessed by Genesis, an unnatural anomaly caused by the mating of an angel and a demon. Together with his ex-girlfriend and an alcoholic vampire, Jesse sets off in search of God in order to hold him accountable for how fucked up the world is.

If you’re not familiar with the series, now is the best time to get that way (click here to get the first book), so if nothing else you can turn your nose up at the changes that will inevitably be made for the HBO series. Personally I think it’s the only way such a story like this can be told right, and with creator Garth Ennis and artist Steve Dillon on board to co-executive produce, there’s a smaller chance of them screwing it up! Keep it here for updates!

Johnny Butane

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Start your casting list in our forums!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: