FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> AHHHH! Real Monsters
Ghoulie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

Ok-the one cartoon Klasky Csupo didn't fuck up

This had to be the best one they did. The others were all Rugrats retreads and they were getting on my fucking nerves.

This baby starred Tim Curry and Jim Belushi and really had an originality and appeal that was blatantly stolen by Disney(hack rats) when they created Monsters Inc. years later(They stole the Lion King from Japan so why not this right?). The whole point of it was monsters in "Scare School". This, of course included a dean, a punishment giver called "The Snorch", and a candy cane monster that came with an Eastern European accent. Her timeless line was, "WE MUST SCAIR!" Her classmates included Ickis, an uptight creature that resembled a rabbit(which he hates) and Krumm, whose biggest power is his enormous stench that comes from his armpits. It's on Nicktoons and must be seen again. Probably one of the best cartoons of the 90's before the dildo producers brought forward crap.

"Saved By The Bell--I always wanted to see Slater and Zach knife the shit outta each other. Smug bastards got on my nerves. Don't even get me started on the girls. Their selfish shenanigans made me want to induce vomiting." Wink

Renfield
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:21 pm  Reply with quote

I always thought the best Klasky Csupo produect was Duckman.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:13 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

I dug the fuck out of AAAAAH! REAL MONSTERS!! and would appreciate a bare-bones dvd release.
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:34 pm  Reply with quote

I was never a fan of this show.

It was boring, and the characters were never as wild as they could have been.

Even during the golden days of Nick, I still was bored with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ghoulie
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:07 am  Reply with quote

Well, I know it didn't have anything so wild as a neurotic turtle losing his mind going, "I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE MOST POPULAR CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!", or a steer saying "NAKKKEEEEEEDDDD". I admit Rocko was more the crazier show, but this is creature based cartoons right?

Renfield