FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Birds of Prey
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:30 am  Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but damn this show was pretty stupid.

I hate how whenever there's a hit show, the network tries to create a duplicate which most times fails.

I was sort of happy this show failed even if the finale was better than the entire series combined.

Not only was the acting awful (Especially from Ashley Scott), and the setpieces terrible, but it was really vapid mainly because the writing was horrible but also because they never really gave us Batman, or Nightwing, had a really bad romance plot, and the villains were too damn one-dimensional.

Not to mention whenever we got to see exteriors of Gotham, they looked like computer mock ups for architectural designs.

I admit to seeing the entire run of the series, only because I was hoping for improvement, and mainly because Dina Meyer is my pimp.

Any mutual feelings? Any fans?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
flashback
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:45 am  Reply with quote

watched it but it didn`t bother me a bit when it was canceled.

zombies , they creep me out.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:43 am  Reply with quote

I liked it...It was a weak version of Buffy, but I still found it enjoyable and would have liked to see it grow...But I've said it before and I'll say it again...Dina Meyer is poison...The only "hit" she has under her belt is Saw but she was in it for less than 5 minutes...
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:45 am  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I liked it...It was a weak version of Buffy, but I still found it enjoyable and would have liked to see it grow...But I've said it before and I'll say it again...Dina Meyer is poison...The only "hit" she has under her belt is Saw but she was in it for less than 5 minutes...

Saw 2.

In it for the whole film.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:51 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:

Saw 2.

Hahaha...I can't believe I forgot she was in it...Ooops...Well, that goes to show you how much of an impression that wonderful piece of sh-er cinema left on me.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:51 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:

Saw 2.

Hahaha...I can't believe I forgot she was in it...Ooops...Well, that goes to show you how much of an impression that wonderful piece of sh-er cinema left on me.

Hah.
lostphrack
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:54 am  Reply with quote

I saw a few episodes and thought it was pretty much ass. I was amazed at how badly they managed to screw up the original concept, it's essentially a Charlies Angels lift but with superheroines, how do you screw that up?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Angelus
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:10 pm  Reply with quote

I love the comic series, so i have a soft spot for the show. I never got to watch it when it was on, but a year or so back i picked up the set on dvd at a convention and i thought it was good for what it was. I wasn't exactly expecting a cure for cancer though.
Do you drink up all the punch while you wish 'em all to
KittyPryde
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:30 pm  Reply with quote

Not to play for the loosing team here but I really loved this show. I have no idea why but I really did. Smile