FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Which "Eureka" Chick?
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:01 am  Reply with quote

Okay, I'm sure some people here must watch Scifi's "Eureka" which is a fun, and very funny show.

Now which lady really does it for you?
Debrah Farentino
Salli Richardson
or Erica Cerra?

In all honesty, while Cerra is utterly hot, and Richardson is again, hot, I have a real thing for older women.

Farentino by a mile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lethaldread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:35 am  Reply with quote

Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

I would go for the ....... whats her name... the tan one. By the way, this is one of my favorite shows, very fun.
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:39 am  Reply with quote

Farentino was much, much hotter in her EZ STREETS and EARTH 2 days -- I had a major crush on her back then. Seems she's had more than her fair share of nips and tucks since then, and I'm just not as into her.

Erica Cerra, however...grrrrowwlll!

And you're right, EUREKA is fun. Not superb or anything (very few shows are) but always watchable and amusing.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:41 am  Reply with quote

The next episode wisely thinks of a way to get the women to strip. The house becomes loco, and puts up the heat, and Farentino has to strip.

I LOVE this show. Weeping openly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:06 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Farentino was much, much hotter in her EZ STREETS and EARTH 2 days -- I had a major crush on her back then. Seems she's had more than her fair share of nips and tucks since then, and I'm just not as into her.

Erica Cerra, however...grrrrowwlll!

And you're right, EUREKA is fun. Not superb or anything (very few shows are) but always watchable and amusing.

Far from superb.

But I really enjoy it. I know NAthan is supposed to be a sort of antagonistic villain, but I really enjoy his character, and the way he and Jack argue.

Cerra is really hot, even when in her tight knit tomboy garb.

But the last episode when she's acting all peppy with her hair loose, and walking around in a tight white tanktop? Yow.

I didn't know it then, but she's the hot goth vamp girl who gets killed by Drake in "Blade Trinity."
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:23 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Far from superb.

The only show I reserve that adjective for is THE WIRE, of which there has yet to be an episode that isn't utterly outstanding.

Terminal wrote:
But I really enjoy it. I know NAthan is supposed to be a sort of antagonistic villain, but I really enjoy his character, and the way he and Jack argue.

They do have a pretty terrific chemistry. And I enjoy the show's quirky sensibility, much of which comes from writer Karl Shafer, who long ago created the wonderful EERIE, INDIANA.

Terminal wrote:
Cerra is really hot, even when in her tight knit tomboy garb.

But the last episode when she's acting all peppy with her hair loose, and walking around in a tight white tanktop? Yow.

I didn't know it then, but she's the hot goth vamp girl who gets killed by Drake in "Blade Trinity."

Yep, she sure is. I actually went back and rewatched BLADE: TRINITY when I discovered that little tidbit.

Last edited by Messiahman on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:26 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone who doubts Cerra is hot in this show from her loose clothing, and tight hair, best check out "Blade Trinity." She is HOT in that movie even if it's just a short role.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:27 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
They do have a pretty terrific chemistry. And I enjoy the show's quirky sensibility, much of which comes from writer Karl Shafer, who long ago created the wonderful EERIE, INDIANA.

My favorite line is when Carter is trying to explain somethiing:
"Maybe there's a chemical that can make him all go all invisibly."
To which Nathan looks deadpan: "Yes, he said invisibly."

At the beginning they've been setting him up as this foil to the town's happiness, but I enjoy when he's on-screen. He's hilarious even when he's being a dick.
Jack19
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:26 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
The only show I reserve that adjective for is THE WIRE, of which there has yet to be an episode that isn't utterly outstanding.

I just rented the first season on DVD and I'm about halfway through. I didn't think there was anyway it could be as good as Deadwood, but Jesus Christ, it's amazing. And Dennis Lehane and George Pellacanos write for it in later seasons, so I guess it's only going to get better. Plus any show who's theme song is written by Tom Waits has to be cool.

Eureka is a fun show, though. The main guy is what really makes it worth watching.
lethaldread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:50 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
The next episode wisely thinks of a way to get the women to strip. The house becomes loco, and puts up the heat, and Farentino has to strip.

I LOVE this show. Weeping openly

Damn right, I DVRed this episode. Thank god for freeze frame. Drool

Messiahman wrote:

Damn, I use to love that show!
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
7. Sports talk

Messiahman
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:08 pm  Reply with quote

Jack19 wrote:
Messiahman wrote:

I just rented the first season on DVD and I'm about halfway through. I didn't think there was anyway it could be as good as Deadwood, but Jesus Christ, it's amazing. And Dennis Lehane and George Pellacanos write for it in later seasons, so I guess it's only going to get better. Plus any show who's theme song is written by Tom Waits has to be cool.

Absolutely right. Prepare to have your mind consistently blown as you plow through the seasons. It's far and away the best thing on television today, and in my book qualifies as one of the best dramatic shows to ever air. Hell, it's better than most feature films, as well. No surprise, given David Simon's pedigree - he was the mastermind behind the brilliant HOMICIDE: LIFE ON THE STREET. Seriously, after watching something this damned good, it becomes almost difficult to sit through most other things on television.

"Omar don't scare."
Jack19
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:40 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Jack19 wrote:
Messiahman wrote:

Absolutely right. Prepare to have your mind consistently blown as you plow through the seasons. It's far and away the best thing on television today, and in my book qualifies as one of the best dramatic shows to ever air. Hell, it's better than most feature films, as well. No surprise, given David Simon's pedigree - he was the mastermind behind the brilliant HOMICIDE: LIFE ON THE STREET. Seriously, after watching something this damned good, it becomes almost difficult to sit through most other things on television.

"Omar don't scare."

Omar is a fucking badass. I get the feeling Barksadale is going to regret having Omar's boy killed. Him and Freamon are my favorites.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:23 am  Reply with quote

lethaldread wrote:

That fight between Richardson and Farentino was great! They were really going at it. My favorite episode so far has to be the one where everyone becomes violent.

It was just damn funny watching the gay guy smash a plate over someone's head.
lethaldread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:07 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
lethaldread wrote:

That fight between Richardson and Farentino was great! They were really going at it. My favorite episode so far has to be the one where everyone becomes violent.

It was just damn funny watching the gay guy smash a plate over someone's head.

Is he gay or was he just lisping for that effect, cause that was the first time I heard him like that.
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
7. Sports talk

Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:17 am  Reply with quote

I wouldn't know.