Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:

Are you serious?!?!?!?!?! Do you know when it comes out? Oh I need I need I want I want. Shocked
November 28th.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Oh this is so gonna be mine when it comes out. I looked it up on deep discount dvd and if this is the Christopher Reeves collection then I have it on my wish list now. Laughing They also had a Superman II Richard Donner Cut so if that's not in it then I will also be buying that hehehehe. Mr. Green
I don't know if there is more than one set. But this set has both cuts of Superman II. This is the set you want. Wink

Yeppers that is the set I want. Drool I can't wait hehehe. I will be gettin the s symbol tattooed on me eventually. Mr. Green
I just looked and this set is not yet listed on Deep Discount. This is not the Reeve set. Keep an eye out for this one. Wink

Oh my. I will be surrounded by Superman Laughing I can't wait. Embarassed
That's what people say when I'm around. Mr. Green

No they don't. Neutral

Oh hush you.
Razz
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:01 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
Director Cameo: [Ishirô Honda] The man in the elelctric room who pulls the switch, activating the 300,000-volt tower lines to electrocute Godzilla and Haruo Nakajima is the man inside the electric room (just before director Ishirô Honda pulls the electric switch.
You're just rockin' tonight with the trivia. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:02 am  Reply with quote

Lunablix wrote:
Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:

Are you serious?!?!?!?!?! Do you know when it comes out? Oh I need I need I want I want. Shocked
November 28th.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Oh this is so gonna be mine when it comes out. I looked it up on deep discount dvd and if this is the Christopher Reeves collection then I have it on my wish list now. Laughing They also had a Superman II Richard Donner Cut so if that's not in it then I will also be buying that hehehehe. Mr. Green
I don't know if there is more than one set. But this set has both cuts of Superman II. This is the set you want. Wink

Yeppers that is the set I want. Drool I can't wait hehehe. I will be gettin the s symbol tattooed on me eventually. Mr. Green
I just looked and this set is not yet listed on Deep Discount. This is not the Reeve set. Keep an eye out for this one. Wink

Oh my. I will be surrounded by Superman Laughing I can't wait. Embarassed
That's what people say when I'm around. Mr. Green

No they don't. Neutral

Oh hush you.
Razz
That's usually what they say. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:03 am  Reply with quote

There is going to be a scene coming up with a mother and her two children. When she speaks of them joining their father he was killed by the bomb.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:03 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
There is going to be a scene coming up with a mother and her two children. When she speaks of them joining their father he was killed by the bomb.
That scene is NOT in the Raymond Burr version. Shocked
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:05 am  Reply with quote

The scenes where only Godzilla's legs can be seen is only half the suit. Because it was so uncomfortable and akward to wear they cut it in half for those scenes (or a back up suit I can't remember which at the moment). It was held up with suspenders.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:05 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

Sorry I hope I didn't ruin the thread with my Superman talk. I just get very excited when it comes to Superman. Embarassed
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:06 am  Reply with quote

The film received a Japanese Academy Award nomination for Best Picture, but lost to Shichinin no samurai (1954). However, the film did win the award for Best Visual Effects. It is the only Godzilla movie to receive a nomination for Best Picture.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:06 am  Reply with quote

Lunablix wrote:
Sorry I hope I didn't ruin the thread with my Superman talk. I just get very excited when it comes to Superman. Embarassed
Just keep an eye out for the big box set. Wink
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:07 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
The film received a Japanese Academy Award nomination for Best Picture, but lost to Shichinin no samurai (1954). However, the film did win the award for Best Visual Effects. It is the only Godzilla movie to receive a nomination for Best Picture.
That's cool. And no suprise on the visual effects. Mr. Green
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:09 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
That scene is NOT in the Raymond Burr version. Shocked
I haven't had the chance yet but I want to watch the American cut and compare. The original is just such a serious anti nuke movie and a classic in its own right.
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:10 am  Reply with quote

The building whose clock tower Godzilla tears off is the Wako department store. It was completed in 1932 in the Ginza district and still stands today, clock tower intact.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:11 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Just keep an eye out for the big box set. Wink

Will do. Mr. Green
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:11 am  Reply with quote

Here come the planes!
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:14 am  Reply with quote

Also contrary to popular belief, Godzilla is charcoal gray, not green.