Step Up 2 Sorority Row

default-featured-image

Briana EviganI must confess that I’ve never seen the original 1983 House on Sorority Row so I cannot fully feign contempt for the remake soon going into production other than my usual ongoing annoyance with Hollywood’s war on originality. Things are shaping up for the remake with the announcement that Step Up 2 The Streets hotty Briana Evigan has signed on to play the lead.

Evigan will play the lead graduating sorority sister being stalked by a masked murderer after a prank gone wrong kills their house mother. Also signed on for the remake is the daughter of Bruce & Demi, Rumer Willis, currently seen in The House Bunny, soon to be seen in the horror movie From Within, and further proof that nepotism is alive and well in Hollywood.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the House on Sorority Row remake, which has shortened it’s title to just Sorority Row, begins shooting in the Western Pennsylvania area on October 6th under the direction of Stewart Hendler. Hendler helmed 2007’s Whisper, an actual original chiller, which is why you’ve probably never seen nor heard of it before.

Co-writer Josh Stolberg (also the co-writer of Alexandre Aja’s upcoming 3-D Piranha remake) posted an interesting tidbit on his blog claiming that Summit Entertainment has relented and the Sorority Row remake will now be R-rated rather than PG-13 as had been previously announced. We’ll see how long that lasts.

In other news today, an original horror movie screenplay was sighted on the corner of Hollywood & Vine begging for change. I hear a representative from Lionsgate offered it $20 to bumfight a print of Repo! The Genetic Opera.

The Foywonder

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Hunt for sorority girls in the Dread Central Forums!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized