FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Invisible Man
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:20 am  Reply with quote

This is one of the most underrated, and under appreciated shows to come from Sci-Fi.

This was Vincent Ventresca as a thief who is caught and offered a get out of jail free card in exchange for being tested on with a new chemical.

It's called Quicksilver, which allows him to become invisible for a period of time, but if used too much it drives him insane.

This was an excellent series. Since the pilot I was a huge fan, I watched every episode, and have a VHS of the episodes since it's not on DVD at all.

Anyone else a fan of this?

It sucks because Sci Fi never repeats these anymore, and it's almost as if the show never really existed. It was great, and I wish it was on DVD in America.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:44 am  Reply with quote

I have always wondered what the problem is over at Sci-Fi. Once in a while they make good decisions like picking up the new Dr. Who series but then they get ECW and a load of shitty low budget tv films.

I watched a couple Invisible Man episodes and I liked what I saw.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:37 am  Reply with quote

I enjoyed it quite a bit when it initially aired but thought it pretty much fell apart in the second season with the introduction of new, unnecessary characters and some rather ridiculous storylines.

If you're region-free (and if you aren't, why the hell not?) you can get Season 1 box sets from Amazon UK for a nice low price.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:04 pm  Reply with quote

I agree, Messiahman. They added this new femme fatale agent near the end of the series, and she was altogether useless and contributed nothiing to the chemistry of the plots.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address